Highlighted

15.00 Fee for Phone number change

mlaxw11

I went to the Verizon Store in East Brunswick NJ a few weeks ago to change my name since I was recently married.  While I was there I decided it was time to change my phone number as I moved from NY to NJ.  All went well.  Now I get a bill for the month with an extra 15.00 charge (which is no way stated on my statement what its for).  So, I call Verizon, and as the girl giggles, tells me well I shouldn't have changed my phone number in store because it costs 15.00.  It's free over the phone or online.  However, no one told me this in store.  I have been a customer for almost 10 years with excellent account standing, and this is how I'm treated. 

Never had an issue with Verizon until now...and now well, we have an issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 15.00 Fee for Phone number change

Ann154
Expert

I think it is only free when you change it yourself in your MyVerizon account online. If you call customer service or have it done in the store there is a fee.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

When I went to a corporate store to change a number, they had me sign into My Verizon in the store and did it there for free.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

mikeg803
Novice

So, what's your question?

brando8998
Novice

So there was not a receipt printed in the store that showed you the $15.00 fee for the transaction? Why not return to the store and ask that rep about it. Im sure all CS can see is that you did have the number changed on that date and the fee was incured. They have NO other way of knowing whether or not you were educated on the difference between them doing it or you doing it yourself.