Business owners beware of Verizon
YosEnt

If you have a business plan with verizon wireless, beware of your minutes.  I have a multi-line business plan and a mobile broadband  internet plan as well.  My business has been picking up recently and i had a surge in call volume resulting in a large increase in the usage of my minutes.  Needless to say this caused me to have a 900 + minute overage on my bill.  Verizon did not email, text or call me with any sort of a warning or notification that i was incurring overages.  I called customer service when I saw the bill to explain my situation.  This was the only time in the four years that I have been with Verizon that this happened, so I thought i could up the minutes on my plan and have the overages excused. WRONG! Luckily they cut the overages in half but the reason for not excusing all of it was because I should have checked the minutes, even though they dont have the common courtesy to notify you.   When you are busy running two business you dont think about checking minutes, especially when it has never happened before!   

If you have a business plan, watch out. Verizon will not tell you if you are incurring overages.  They will let you run your bill up and tell you its your fault.

In my business I would never treat my customers this way. 

I am seriously considering  AT&T when my contractx expire.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Business owners beware of Verizon
Spiral
Master - Level 1

YosEnt wrote:

If you have a business plan with verizon wireless, beware of your minutes.  I have a multi-line business plan and a mobile broadband  internet plan as well.  My business has been picking up recently and i had a surge in call volume resulting in a large increase in the usage of my minutes.  Needless to say this caused me to have a 900 + minute overage on my bill.  Verizon did not email, text or call me with any sort of a warning or notification that i was incurring overages.  I called customer service when I saw the bill to explain my situation.  This was the only time in the four years that I have been with Verizon that this happened, so I thought i could up the minutes on my plan and have the overages excused. WRONG! Luckily they cut the overages in half but the reason for not excusing all of it was because I should have checked the minutes, even though they dont have the common courtesy to notify you.   When you are busy running two business you dont think about checking minutes, especially when it has never happened before!   

If you have a business plan, watch out. Verizon will not tell you if you are incurring overages.  They will let you run your bill up and tell you its your fault. 

It is your fault.  Verizon is not a babysitting service for your "small business" operations.  You should have known call volume was up and checked your plan accordingly. You should feel lucky you got some of the charges reduced. If you didn't want to bother to have to monitor your minutes (or were to busy)  you should be purchasing an unlimited plan.

I am seriously considering  AT&T when my contractx expire.  We are happy for you.

0 Likes
MKF
Enthusiast - Level 3

YosEnt wrote:

If you have a business plan with verizon wireless, beware of your minutes.  I have a multi-line business plan and a mobile broadband  internet plan as well.  My business has been picking up recently and i had a surge in call volume resulting in a large increase in the usage of my minutes.  Needless to say this caused me to have a 900 + minute overage on my bill.  Verizon did not email, text or call me with any sort of a warning or notification that i was incurring overages.  I called customer service when I saw the bill to explain my situation.  This was the only time in the four years that I have been with Verizon that this happened, so I thought i could up the minutes on my plan and have the overages excused. WRONG! Luckily they cut the overages in half but the reason for not excusing all of it was because I should have checked the minutes, even though they dont have the common courtesy to notify you.   When you are busy running two business you dont think about checking minutes, especially when it has never happened before!  

It is your fault its your resposinbility as the account owner and as an adult to monotior your minutes. Read the Contract your signed  << Comment removed to comply with >>

mimi2jazz
Enthusiast - Level 1

WOW Verizon! HOW RUDE! I can NOT believe you made a comment like that to your customer! Amazing! I am thinking of deleting my business account just for this reason! WOW!

0 Likes
mimi2jazz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to know the persons name that responded to this customer...

0 Likes
1sharondsot

i am trying to check on the usuage for both of my phones. But I have to do the ownership on the account, but the system is not responding. I will not take either of our ss numbers.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

YosEnt wrote:

If you have a business plan with verizon wireless, beware of your minutes.  I have a multi-line business plan and a mobile broadband  internet plan as well.  My business has been picking up recently and i had a surge in call volume resulting in a large increase in the usage of my minutes.  Needless to say this caused me to have a 900 + minute overage on my bill.  Verizon did not email, text or call me with any sort of a warning or notification that i was incurring overages.  I called customer service when I saw the bill to explain my situation.  This was the only time in the four years that I have been with Verizon that this happened, so I thought i could up the minutes on my plan and have the overages excused. WRONG! Luckily they cut the overages in half but the reason for not excusing all of it was because I should have checked the minutes, even though they dont have the common courtesy to notify you.   When you are busy running two business you dont think about checking minutes, especially when it has never happened before!  

This is a peer to peer forum, not Verizon customer service. UNLESS a respondent is clearly labeled as a Verizon employee, it is just another Verizon customer.

As to your problem of overages, Verizon has multiple levels of minute allowance and it is the responsibility of the customer to decide which level to subscribe.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They've also recently implemented the usage alerts, and all subscribers are automatically opted-in

0 Likes