Re: wifi or 3g with network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LogicallyRogue, than you so much for these great details. I want to make sure that we do everything we can to get you connected. Have you been able to remove the wi-fi network from the phone and re-enter in all the details back into the phone again. You can always find the steps on how to do that here: http://vz.to/1BMPwFy Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

IDK if this is much help, but if you have Advanced Calling enabled on the Turbo the extender will not connect to the Turbo.

LogicallyRogue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm running Android 4.4.4 (21.44.8.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US).

The Advanced Calling option is present on the phone - however it's grayed out, so I don't think it's enabled.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I won't say no, but I will say it probably isn't a high priority.  The update would have to install via a Verizon to extender update instead of a Verizon to phone update.  Obviously trying to get every phone capable of using the extender into the update would be very difficult from a programming and testing point of view.  Also, as Verizon is mainly interested in covering more area, over time those weaker signal areas would theoretically be improved upon meaning less extenders would be needed.  As there is no 4G extender available to the general public at this time and with most phones 4G-capable added to the fact that 4G/LTE/XLTE and all that are becoming more prevalent, I'm not sure how much focus Verizon will put on the Extender program.  A while back it was a great idea, but now, those network extenders seem to cause more grief for customers than good.  (Myself included)

0 Likes
LogicallyRogue
Enthusiast - Level 2

KevinR_VZW:

To be clear - this is not a WiFi setup problem.  My problem is the same as the original poster: When WiFi on Droid Turbo is enabled, I am unable to connect to the Verizon Wireless (Samsung) Network Extender at anything other than 1x.  When WiFi is turned off, I am able to connect with 1x and 3G.  Symptoms include SMS messages being very slow in coming or queue up and never make it to the phone until out of range of the extender.  The Verizon VoiceMail app starting to complain every few seconds.

That being said, I am properly connected to WiFi both at home and at work.  At home, my previous roomate left his Wireless Extender - and thus I have zero ability to manage it.  At work, in one of our data centers another customer (which I have no relationship with) has setup a wireless extender and has also caused this problem.

My thought is that there is some configuration or compatibility issue with the Droid Turbo and the Wireless Extender.

What that is?  I don't have a clue - but need help finding/fixing.

0 Likes
LogicallyRogue
Enthusiast - Level 2

So Snn5: you think Verizon won't fix this?  Even though there are devices (both the Consumer Network Extender and the Extender for Business) out there, in the wild which are causing issues for other Verizon customers?

Seems kind of ... dumb.  If they didn't sell the extenders anymore or had End of Lifed them - then I might agree with you.  But if the product is actively being sold - they really need to support it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, I wouldn't say "stop support" as I'm sure they will still try to troubleshoot the equipment, but as I have never seen any other extender sold by Verizon other than the first generation of the same currently used/sold 2nd gen unit, it doesn't seem likely as the device is rarely in stock for shipping anymore and it is usually used as a last ditch effort by some at Verizon to keep unsatisfied customers who have weak signals where they used to have a strong signal or those who have moved to an area of weak signal.  As far as selling something and not supporting it I offer as examples the Nokia Lumia Icon which apparently, according to numerous threads here, has never gotten its updates on time and then the unit ceased to be sold any longer, plus the Galaxy Nexus that continued to be sold and promoted even with very very late and very limited updates serve to show both extremes on that issue.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Supposed to be in a 4G LTE area but have trouble getting any service

My response and #2.  IDK if that clarifies anything.

0 Likes
mRo1

I am also having the same issue. I have even involved Motorola support. Motorola couldn't figure out why I couldn't connect to the Network Extender while on Wifi.  In the end, they sent a replacement phone (thinking it would fix the issue). It did not. 

When wifi is off I can connect to network extender. When wifi is on, I can not connect to network extender.  Very frustrating as I drive my up data usage while in my house because I have to shut off wifi to receive calls, voicemail, or texts.  What the fix Verizon???

0 Likes
jl283101

Same issue here. Very frustrating to not be able to receive / send group texts and pictures from my home because of the network extender issue.  Verizon please tell me u are working to figure something out?

0 Likes