Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
has anyone else received the 5.0 lollipop upgrade yet for the moto x (1st gen)?
Kitkat_Mew

I've been waiting for it since the moment google first announced Android L at Google i/o and i have yet to see the upgrade come to my phone. My friend has a moto x and has the lollipop upgrade but he's not on verizon so idk if it's just Verizon screwing with me or are they just not going to support the moto x 1st gen even though google said the first gen moto x is going to get it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: has anyone else received the 5.0 lollipop upgrade yet for the moto x (1st gen)?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kitkat_Mew,

I totally understand why you're excited about the new software, I'm right there with you. At this time, there's no news yet on a specific date. Our manufacturers and software developers work closely, as well as diligently to ensure the update will enhance the phone's functions, without a problem. After all, we want you to enjoy the updates, and still have your phone running smoothly. We appreciate yout patience. Here's a list of devices and their most recent software version http://vz.to/1yUpPAD, so you can confirm you're on the right one.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: has anyone else received the 5.0 lollipop upgrade yet for the moto x (1st gen)?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kitkat_Mew,

I totally understand why you're excited about the new software, I'm right there with you. At this time, there's no news yet on a specific date. Our manufacturers and software developers work closely, as well as diligently to ensure the update will enhance the phone's functions, without a problem. After all, we want you to enjoy the updates, and still have your phone running smoothly. We appreciate yout patience. Here's a list of devices and their most recent software version http://vz.to/1yUpPAD, so you can confirm you're on the right one.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Personally I would wait. There are enough applications that don't work well on Lollipop that I want my Moto X 2013 model for as long as possible.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes