has anyone else received the 5.0 lollipop upgrade yet for the moto x (1st gen)?
Kitkat_Mew

I've been waiting for it since the moment google first announced Android L at Google i/o and i have yet to see the upgrade come to my phone. My friend has a moto x and has the lollipop upgrade but he's not on verizon so idk if it's just Verizon screwing with me or are they just not going to support the moto x 1st gen even though google said the first gen moto x is going to get it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: has anyone else received the 5.0 lollipop upgrade yet for the moto x (1st gen)?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kitkat_Mew,

I totally understand why you're excited about the new software, I'm right there with you. At this time, there's no news yet on a specific date. Our manufacturers and software developers work closely, as well as diligently to ensure the update will enhance the phone's functions, without a problem. After all, we want you to enjoy the updates, and still have your phone running smoothly. We appreciate yout patience. Here's a list of devices and their most recent software version http://vz.to/1yUpPAD, so you can confirm you're on the right one.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: has anyone else received the 5.0 lollipop upgrade yet for the moto x (1st gen)?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kitkat_Mew,

I totally understand why you're excited about the new software, I'm right there with you. At this time, there's no news yet on a specific date. Our manufacturers and software developers work closely, as well as diligently to ensure the update will enhance the phone's functions, without a problem. After all, we want you to enjoy the updates, and still have your phone running smoothly. We appreciate yout patience. Here's a list of devices and their most recent software version http://vz.to/1yUpPAD, so you can confirm you're on the right one.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally I would wait. There are enough applications that don't work well on Lollipop that I want my Moto X 2013 model for as long as possible.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes