Re: can a motorola XT1564 be activated on Verizon?
Weth
Legend

Next time I'll re-read the thread.  Thought we were taking about old CDMA phone.  Putting on already activated SIM usually works.  Thank Ann for the correction.

0 Likes
applesauce
Enthusiast - Level 2

i used a previously activated sim card.. called the *228 and another #832.  Also chatted with verizon online last night and sent them info on the specs of the xt1564 being equal to the xt1565 and they forwarded to the local corporate store tech rep which I then saw today.  He even tried a new sim.. think he also tried activating it on another phone in back.. had the phone for a good 10 minutes before he came out and said he couldn't get it to activate either.  Since the IMEI is not in the verizon list it will not work.  Seem like this is more about Verizon forcing you to get a verizon phone than it really is a problem with the device really not being compatible.  IF that isnt the case I would like someone to tell me what is different about the xt1564 and xt1565 that prevents the 1564 from working? missing a frequency or band ?  something else?

0 Likes
applesauce
Enthusiast - Level 2

The best answer may be. No, it is not a verizon phone so it will not work on verizon even though it should since it is the same as the xt1565 minus the verizon decorations and bloatwear.

0 Likes