can a motorola XT1564 be activated on Verizon?
applesauce
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am looking at buying a used xt1564.  It does have CDMA but I want to be sure verizon will activate the phone before buying it (It is through swappa so I cannot get the device ID).  Assuming the phone has a clean esn will verizon activate the phone or do they not allow any xt1564 on their network? 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can a motorola XT1564 be activated on Verizon?
applesauce
Enthusiast - Level 2

The best answer may be. No, it is not a verizon phone so it will not work on verizon even though it should since it is the same as the xt1565 minus the verizon decorations and bloatwear.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, it is compatible.  Same specs as xt1565 model.  You can always check here Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
applesauce
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is the catch 22.  I need the device id to use the BYOD page to see if phone will work, cant get the id until i buy the phone, dont want to buy the phone until i know the phone will work. i know the phone has cdma but im not sure verizon allows all cdma phones on its network.  can they exclude some cdma phones?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It is more than having CDMA, it must have the right frequencies, this one does. It was for Verizon's rural LTE partners so it was for Verizon too as these partners roamed on Verizon.  I found 2 confirmations on search test it worked. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That does put us in a bit of a bind, applesauce. Weth was on the right track to verify a device’s compatibility at https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device . That would be the only sure-fire way to confirm if the phone you’re purchasing will be compatible with our services. While it may be an unlocked device, some of the features and functionality of the phone may not work the same as if it was a Verizon Wireless device http://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy .

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
applesauce
Enthusiast - Level 2

JenniferH_VZW,  I realize the standard answer is, you have to check the compatibility of the individual phone but I wonder if this is more of a, 'we wont know if the sun comes up in the morning until morning' type of response.  Of course no one is 100% sure of that.   It seems that in all probability, if the phone is indeed a motorola xt1564, it will work on verizon.  I guess another way to ask the question is "do you know of any instances where a motorola xt1564 phone did not work on Verizon?" 

0 Likes
applesauce
Enthusiast - Level 2

verizon will not recognize my XT1564.  Went to store and said if the IMEI is not in their system, it cannot be activate.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Did you try dialing *228?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That doesn't work on 4G LTE devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you use a previously activated SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes