Why is Screen Frozen?
NeedMoreCoffee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm getting a random freeze like this at least once a week.  I can't get rid of it, unless I reboot the phone.  Can someone from Verizon remark if this is a software or hardware issue?  I've done factory resets too with no success.

Screenshot_2014-01-23-13-27-09.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen Frozen
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I noticed from those screen shots you have some personal apps you downloaded on there. You said you did a factory reset. Did you try using your device without installing any personal apps, is: Instagram, Navy Federal apo, etc, just to make sure the device is working correctly? It could be an app causing the problem. Just a suggestion.

Doc

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NeedMoreCoffee,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to see that you are having trouble with your device freezing. We definitely want you to have a clean working device at all times. When did this issue begin? Can you correlate it to the download of a new app or a software update? Do you notice it happening when you're doing anything specific? Try running the phone in safe mode http://vz.to/1n1mJ7z and let us know if you notice any differences while in this mode. We look forward to assisting so please keep us updated on this.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NeedMoreCoffee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Screenshot_2014-01-30-08-11-05.pngScreenshot_2014-01-30-08-11-21.png

@TonyG_VZW The issue begin about 1 1/2 months ago.  I do not need to be taxing my phone. It always happens when I'm doing something with my phone.  A couple of weeks before the screenshot above I was simply moving an app icon to a different spot on the screen and it froze.  Just this morning, it did it again (screenshots attached).  I'm done some searching about this online and can't find anyone else dealing with it.  When it happens, it is completely random.  I've been unable to link it to any app. I've moved over to Safe Mode, but it could be another week and I'm limited in how I can use my phone on safe mode. 

Scott

0 Likes
NeedMoreCoffee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I should also mention that I talked with Verizon's tech a few days ago and they suggested I contact Motorola.  It is at Level 2, but has been quiet for a few days.  I just want this resolved and am seriously considering swapping the phone out, because no one else seems to be dealing with this same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NeedMoreCoffee,

Thank you for the continued work you are doing to find a resolution! I'm sorry that one has not been found yet. While you're in Safe Mode, do the same issues with freezing and your screen continue to happen or are they resolved? If they are resolved, I would recomend performing a Factory Reset on the device . What steps have you taken with our Technical Support? Is there any physical damage to the device? Is it still covered by the manufacturer warranty? Please keep us posted on the details.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I noticed from those screen shots you have some personal apps you downloaded on there. You said you did a factory reset. Did you try using your device without installing any personal apps, is: Instagram, Navy Federal apo, etc, just to make sure the device is working correctly? It could be an app causing the problem. Just a suggestion.

Doc