Why did so many contacts suddenly appear on my device?
mkarqc

Why do I suddenly have 1,000 of new names on my contacts list - most of whom I do not know??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do I suddenly have 1,000 of new names on my contacts list - most of whom I do not know??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ChristinaM_VZW

Since the OP posted in the Moto X by Motorola space, it is likely they have either the 2013, 2014 or the 2015 model.

To the OP, check to see if the contacts are saved in your Google account and use the tools in the web version of the Google contacts to merge duplicates together.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why do I suddenly have 1,000 of new names on my contacts list - most of whom I do not know??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mkarqc,

I would be alarmed too if I had a 1000 contacts pop up. Let's get your list back to normal. I just need to get a little more information from you: What make model phone do you have? Are you contacts being backed up any where like the Verizon Cloud or iCloud if you have an iPhone?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ChristinaM_VZW

Since the OP posted in the Moto X by Motorola space, it is likely they have either the 2013, 2014 or the 2015 model.

To the OP, check to see if the contacts are saved in your Google account and use the tools in the web version of the Google contacts to merge duplicates together.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes