When will Xoom 4G get Jelly Bean?
labrat1906

I purchased a used Xoom and really enjoy most of the features. Honeycomb worked well, and I have a few small issues with ice cream sandwich, like my wi-fi won't connect and my mobile 4g service will "disappear" sometimes. I also notice that my Xoom will be unresponsive if it switches from 4G to wi-fi or vice-versa. I am hoping that the Jelly Bean update will solve some of these issues as well as make my machine a tad bit faster, as I've read on most of the reviews of JB. My question is ICS was released for wi-fi Xooms back in April, but the 4G owners did get it until June, will we have to wait two to three months more to get 4.1 jelly bean?

0 Likes
Re: When will Xoom 4G get Jelly Bean?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely. Smiley Sad

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jayz09

I have also been waiting since its arrival on wi-fi devices. Its taking too long. Its very bad. Hope we get it soon or I will sell my xoom.

0 Likes
Sylvamm

I'm really hoping that things change with the release of the new Nexus line this week.

0 Likes
garrun

Also hoping for the update.  I bought mine new for $800 and it is still on its original 2 year contract.  It was marketed as a 'Nexus' class device to get updates as the reference platform for Android, which is why I bought it.  It has been very disappointing to watch my friends Transformer, bought at half the price a few months later, get updates sooner.  <Comment removed to comply with the .> Please give us 4.1, Verizon!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
scotter32

Anyone heard anything new on this update for the Xoom 4G???  I can't believe that they actually would send out all the updates for the cell phones that came out after this tablet and not even give a timeframe for when we can expect ours to be updated.....pretty poor!

0 Likes
LamboAlpha
Enthusiast - Level 2

The original schedule was for Q4 2012 (http://www.droid-life.com/2012/09/14/when-is-my-android-phone-getting-jelly-bean-verizon/), but what are the odds of that happening at this point. Motorola currently has Q1 2013 on their website (https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c).

That being said, does it really take 6-9 months to roll out an update (WiFi only vs. LTE 4G & WiFi), this is sad Verizon/Motorola.

Next time I would consider only getting a WiFi only version for this reason.

0 Likes
Heathie
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is ridiculous. Verizon has a great network, and theyre quick with the 4g rollout, but I severely regret getting into a contract with this device. On top of the fact they make about a 29.95 profit on the ridiculously overpriced data plans. They rob us blind on data that costs them less than a nickel a gigabyte. No joke, thats a high estimate on what they pay to get us a gb of data. And then they take over six months to give us an update Google released to Wifi only Xooms in late spring/early summer 2012. If it wasnt for the deal I get on my phones that not even a prepaid carrier coukd beat (because of my Alltel plan) I would be out so quickly.

I bet Fran Shammo amd the other crooks that run this company and make several million a year salaries would get the update if they wanted it.

Sylvamm

I agree...ridiculous! There is no reason for such a delay. We know it wasn't a Google delay, as they had it on the Xoom WiFi within a month or two. I understand that the Xoom is reaching retirement, but I have no desire to upgrade to a new tablet until this one is dead. It still runs great and has a relatively quick speed to it. Original timeline was Q4 2012, then, without any explanation they switched it to Q1 of 2013. Will it be March before we see the love?

I would love the Project Butter enhancement that makes Android the step above iOS. Not gonna lie, I love Google Now on my phone and wouldn't mind it on my tablet as well.

It's these type of process delays and mis-communications that make me want to reconsider switching to Big Red for my phone carrier as well.

Come on Verizon...make it happen!!

0 Likes
Bry28

I have had the same issues that labrat1906 described and have sent my tablet in to Motorola several times with no luck. I am also hoping this gets resolved by an update to OS.

0 Likes