Re: Stuck in reboot loop after software update
Jimlpn
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK so how do I stop the reboot to use RSD lite? that an App?

0 Likes
Jimlpn
Enthusiast - Level 2

the recovery does not work for me.

0 Likes
gregh145
Enthusiast - Level 3

The link was removed and cannot be referenced here. Google RSD for Moto X and follow the directions exactly. Then you can try the update again. You will lose all your data in this process.

0 Likes
normoushoward
Enthusiast - Level 2

Make sure you download the proper drivers and RSD Lite, and the restore image. Follow the steps in the forum. In the forum, they tell you to do "adb reboot bootloader," which doesn't work, since our phones are rebooting immediately. But if you take the first step from the guy above: "1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release." It will take you into the bootloader. Then your phone should show up in RSD Lite, in which you just hit "start" and it will factory reset your phone.

0 Likes
normoushoward
Enthusiast - Level 2

It will delete all your pictures and everything else doing this process, by the way. Be careful.

0 Likes
gumballhead
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem with a rooted Developer Edition. You do not actually have to reflash with RSD. Wiping the cache partition worked for me.

fastboot erase cache

mrtwoarms

Turns out my techie cousin rooted my device when I let him play around with it without telling me

Thanks for the responses, I think I am on way my back to a working device.

0 Likes
skibrianski

thanks

0 Likes
james234
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!!  Great tip.  Erasing the cache did the trick.  No need to use RSD lite and lose all my data!

I recommend everybody try erasing the cache first as gumballhead suggested.  This may be obvious to some, but you need to have the adb and flashboot files installed on your computer (do a Google search) to make this work, and be in flashboot mode on your phone as well. 

Full disclosure, I also have an unlocked bootloader and didn't use the PWNMYMOTO root trick, so YMMV.

0 Likes
james234
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try erasing the cache in fastboot, as gumballhead suggested a few posts back.  It did the trick for me, and saved me hours of aggravation (no need to reflash my phone).  

Full disclosure, I also have an unlocked bootloader and didn't use the PWNMYMOTO root trick, so YMMV.

0 Likes