Speakerphone mic not working
ColderFeet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Moto X (2nd) Bamboo. My screen went out so I had to do a warranty replacement. Got my replacement, set it up, and found that the mic doesn't work when using the speakerphone. Did another warranty exchange and I have the same problem with the new device. (after going through the miserable experience of setting my phone up with all my apps and settings!)

So, I reset the old device and popped my SIM in to see if it would work after another reset. Nope. No mic.

It DID work on my first X.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I don't want to keep going through the process of setting up device after device just to see if it will work. Haven't had any luck finding answers on the Googles, either.

*On a side note, why the funk is it so hard to log in to this forum?? I've tried logging in with my Verizon account, tried resetting my password, tried using two different browsers, and finally had to create a NEW account with a different email address. This is absurd.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Speakerphone mic not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ColderFeet, I am sorry to learn that you have been having so much trouble with the speaker phone. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have. Do you find any trouble with the audio when the phone rings or any notifications?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ColderFeet
Enthusiast - Level 1

No other problems with the device other than the mic when the speakerphone's on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate those additional details, ColderFeet. It is strange to hear that that speaker phone microphone has continued to not work after a second replacement. Does the issue persist if you place the device in safe mode? Follow these steps to put the phone in safe mode

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes