Re: My Turbo resent random past text messages all at once...anyone else have this problem?
Campy4

I have had this same problem occur numerous times. I finally got fed up today when it resent at least 5 texts, usually it is just one. Always has occurred when starting up the phone in the morning after shutting it down for the night. I only use the message app the came with the phone. Can't recall when it first started, but I feel it fits just after the most recent kit kat update. I have had the phone since March. I also find my battery life has dwindled significantly after this update.

0 Likes
Re: My Turbo resent random past text messages all at once...anyone else have this problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Campy4 the last thing we want is to have messages doing this and battery depeltion. Do you have the turbo as well? If, not what device do you own? What are you using as a backup source? How much storage do you have left on the device?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Campy4

I do have the Turbo. I have sync/backup turned off. Lastly, my available storage is 20.16GB. And a correction: I meant lollipop upgrade, not kit kat, for the message issue anyway

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Campy4 I want you to enjoy your Turbo as it was intended. Please help me with some details so we can start fixing this. Some apps may have a negative effect on your device. Have you added any new apps? Are the duplicate texts to a specific number? Does this happen only when you first power on?
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Campy4

I don't have/use Facebook. I do have Instagram and Twitter, but my apps haven't changed, if anything I've cleaned house. I'm a minimalist. I hardly stream videos and I am not a gamer. Data and Wifi are only on when needed. Bluetooth once a day at night to update Microsoft Health and Location is never turned on. I've read in forums that people noticed their batter life has dwindled since the update. It took a few weeks for me to see it.
As for the text messages, yes, only when turning on the phone in the morning after it has been off for the night. It just re-sends old texts from chats that already exist, usually ones sent the day before. I get a message alert that says "texts failed to send." But the texts have gone thru because I've received responses back from the people. And this has occurred with various contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Campy4 Thank you for the detailed response. It is very helpful in determing our next steps. Together we will figure this out. I would like you to put the phone in safe-mode to determine if an app is causing the issue. Please complete the following and test the phone: Press and hold the Power button (at the right edge of the device, above the Volume buttons) until "Power off" appears then release.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Touch and hold Power off until the "Reboot to safe mode" prompt appears (approximately 1 second).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the "Reboot to safe mode" prompt, tap OK to confirm.
Note The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
Note Upon reboot, "Safe mode" appears in the lower left of the unlock/home screen Keep me posted.

DeloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Campy4

As soon as it booted up on safe mode what popped up was the message app error message that I had mentioned previously- "Messages not sent: 2 messages couldn't be sent." Each for a different person where the texts were sent earlier this morning. But again they replied, so really, there wasn't an error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Campy4

Thanks for trying that out for us. At this time we would request that you back up your phone and perform a full master reset. This will clear out the software bug that is causing this error for you.

Backup: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/

Reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-118101/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes