Re: My Moto X 2013 still doesn't work properly wit Wi-Fi. I still have to completly power it down to connect to Wi-Fi when I leave one location for another. It doesn't seem like there is much support from Verizon,
pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

If Bluetooth is off, WiFi works fine. Turn on Bluetooth, it drops the WiFi and loops through connecting ("Obtaining IP address"). Turn the phone off and back on with the Bluetooth enabled, at restart it seems to work fine, but eventually the WiFi gets dropped again. Real nice experience when you're using the phone to stream music over WiFi one minute and sucking data the next.

Updated to Lollipop last night. Still same behavior, still disappointing.

0 Likes
Re: My Moto X 2013 still doesn't work properly wit Wi-Fi. I still have to completly power it down to connect to Wi-Fi when I leave one location for another. It doesn't seem like there is much support from Verizon,
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I turn off my data connection if I plan to be connected to my wifi router to ensure the data is routed through the wifi router only.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

As a follow up for anyone else with similar problems and are tired of manually turning off their cellular data to just be safe...

I updated to Lollipop *then* did a factory reset. *Seems* to be working again, but I have noticed that if the phone is idle for a while, when it wakes the Wi Fi is not connected even though i have it set to stay connected during sleep-it takes a few seconds to reconnect. I can only speculate, but perhaps the initial problem was with a recent firmware update that was a "prep" for Android L and it's power management? Previously when i was still at 4.4.4 this issue stayed even after a factory reset. Again, pure speculation based on no under the hood knowledge of K or L.

Hope this helps anyone.

0 Likes
windjamr

I've been having a similar problem. Ever since I upgraded to lollipop,  my Moto X won't connect to my home WiFi.  It connects fine to my office WiFi and boyfriends WiFi,  but not my home.  I've done everything I could think of but never gave the Bluetooth a thought.  As soon as I turned it off,  it connected immediately.  That's one of 4 problems solved!  Thank you!

0 Likes