Moto x 2013 Since 8/8/15 my wifi doesn't work unless I power off the phone it then works until I need a different WiFi.
jonit41

It quit working also with my Fitbit on bluetooth. Very aggravating.

When will be getting Lollipop? Maybe that will fix this worthless phone?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto x 2013 Since 8/8/15 my wifi doesn't work unless I power off the phone it then works until I need a different WiFi.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jonit41,

We do understand where your frustration is coming from. We want you to be able to use all the features of your phone when you need them. Let's figure out what's going on for you. What exactly happens when you try to use the Wi-Fi or connect the Fitbit? Are you able to connect other Bluetooth enabled devices with the phone? Can you tell us if you've made any changes to what you're using on the phone prior to these issues?

In regards to an update to Lollipop, you can keep current on any available software updates for your phone on our website here http://vz.to/1TqX4dQ .

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Moto x 2013 Since 8/8/15 my wifi doesn't work unless I power off the phone it then works until I need a different WiFi.
jonit41

As far as I know I haven't changed anything recently.

My WiFi works fine as long as I don't move to another location. Then it sees Wi FI's but not the one I have been connected to many times in the past. I then completely turn off the phone. When it starts up again it sees the one I want. Then I go home and have to repeat the whole shutdown again. Start up and it works. Not a modern day convenience. At least I figured out to get back the service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jonit41,

I can see where that would be inconvenient. Let's get some more information so we can find a fix. After you've turned the phone off and back on, does the phone automatically reconnect to the Wi-Fi you need or do you have to manually go in to reestablish the connection? What happens if you turn Wi-Fi off in Settings, then back on instead of restarting the phone? Use this link http://vz.to/1Trruww if you need to know how to turn it off and on.

ShawnteJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mgebiz

I have also had this issue.  When the phone is restarted the Wifi connects like it used to, but it has to be restarted.  If you pull up the open wifi networks that are available, it will not let you connect, even if you manual hit the connect button.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure that your device is running reliably! How long has this issue been occurring? Any recent changes or updates to the device?
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
mgebiz

This has been occurring since I switched to the new verizon plan.  it also seems to effect bluetooth.  I have not made any other changes to my phone.

0 Likes