Moto X wifi issues - connected but no data
smw07

Last night, the Wifi on my Moto X stopped working.  It shows connected, but I can't access any data.  I've tried turning the Wifi off and then back on, but when I do that, it won't connect to any networks (says none are in range).  I've tried restarting my phone multiple times, but no changes. I'm having the same issue with both my home wifi and my office wifi, so I know it's not a router issue.  My work phone, a Droid Razr also thru Verizon, is connecting with no issues.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Moto X wifi issues - connected but no data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Smw07,

We have a few ideas to help get this resolved! Have you tried turning the device off/on? Have you tried forgetting the network then reconnecting to the network? Place the device in Safe Mode to see if the wi-fi works properly http://vz.to/1zpdIRh .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
smw07

I have tried powering the device on and off multiple times.  I have also 'forgot' all wifi connections and re-entered passwords without any luck.  I just tried the 'Safe Mode' boot and the Wifi is working in Safe Mode.  I'll try removing some apps to see if I can determine which one is causing the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it! Thanks for your efforts in trying to fix the WiFi on your Moto X. Keep us informed on the results.

VanetrisC_VZW

Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes