Moto X rebooting at random
InkeythePhone
Enthusiast - Level 1

It doesn't appear there are many users in this forum yet but I will ask anyway. I have had my Moto X for approximately 24 hours now and it has reboot itself at what appears to be random twice now. Both times the phone was sitting on the bed or couch next to me, not in use, when the phone rebooted. Has anyone else experienced this?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto X rebooting at random
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The space for the Moto X in the community forum is new. It was only created yesterday. Give it time. The other users might not have found this space yet or they aren't having issues to even come here.

As for the rebooting, I would suggest putting the phone in safe mode to prevent any third party applications from running for a day or two. If it works without any rebooting, then it is likely an application you installed causing the reboots. Then you would start uninstalling the applications you installed from the Play Store trying to eliminate the problem app.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
InkeythePhone
Enthusiast - Level 1

While running the hone in safe mode does appear to be the best course of action, I was hopping for a fully functional phone out of the box. The first time it rebooted on its own I had literally had the phone turned on for around 2 hours and had not installed an app yet. I was curious if anyone else had experienced this, if it was a known issue, or perhaps I received a bad phone.

I will keep monitoring the phone to see if I can find a pattern to he reboots.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It could be your Sim Card that is the Causing the issue you might try with another one,  And the Nano Sim is Quite smaller than the Micro therefore handling it is going to be a little harder but if you can do with out Touching the Gold area that is the best practice.. 

0 Likes
krknopp

Mine does the same thing.  I haven't found a soluition for it yet, but wanted to say you weren't alone.

0 Likes
rgb0670

I am also having this issue with my Moto X.  The first time it happened was when my morning alarm went off and the phone froze, leaving the alarm on until I manually powered down.  That first day it rebooted probably once per hour, usually when texting or emailing.  That was yesterday, today my phone is completely useless and has been intermittently turning on and off without any pause between cycles, all day long.  It is so bad that I can't even turn it off because the phone immediately locks after it boots, then it reboots, then locks, then reboots, etc, and so it has just been sitting at my desk buzzing every minute or so.  I've tried holding the power button down, only to have the phone start back up when I let go.  Heading to VW after work.  Too bad, this was an awesome phone for the couple hours where it actually functioned properly.

0 Likes
InkeythePhone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just as an update to my phone issues, the phone rebooted itself again last Sunday. I reset the phone to factory setting Sunda evening and ran the phone with just the stock preinstalled apps from Sunday to Friday with no issues. I even kept the stock wall paper and ring tones just to be sure. Today, Saturday, I decided to install a few apps and change the wall paper hoping that the factory reset had done the trick. Not 30 minutes after installing 5 apps the phone rebooted again while sitting on the bed next to me.

For reference I had installed Facebook, Pandora, Zedge, Waze, and 1weather. These are all fairly mainstream apps and shouldn't causing problems. Especially not when I am not actively using them.

0 Likes
thomasrhoward
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, this is discouraging. I've been looking at the Moto X, waiting for when 32G becomes available, so I thought I'd come here to see what kind of issues people are having.

I've been on Android for several years with 2 different phones (Droid X followed by Galaxy Nexus) and both phones have had issues with random reboots. My GNex continues to do it, rebooting itself every couple of days.

I really would have thought Google would have fixed this by now.

0 Likes
InkeythePhone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well as a final update, it looks as if I had a defective phone. I took the phone in to the Verizon store for a tech to look at. The problem was that the phone rebooted when it was not in use, there was no way to duplicate it. The instore tech uninstalled Pandora and gave the phone back to me. There was of course no way to know if Pandora was causing the reboots but I think he felt he had to do something or I would get upset.

After he uninstalled Pandora the phone ran for another 5 days with no reboots. On the 6th day I installed another weather app and the phone rebooted itself less than 10 minutes later. It appeared the phone was rebooting anytime I installed an app.

The phone was also giving me other problems, it would not allow me to make calls while in extended network. My work is actually in an extended network area, so when I would try and place a call from work I would get "Your account could not be validated. Please contact customer service." After 3 calls for technical support on this issue I was told to take the phone to a local Verizon store for a replacement.

The replacement works fine, no reboots and calls from extended areas are not a problem now.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well I highly anticipated this phone to be the break through phone For Moto and Google but I guess with any model that comes out) No matter how good there built or were there built)  there's going to be issues until the glitches are worked out of them out, I'm seeing same thing issues in all sorts of Areas with our new 6 tuner Digital box from Cox.. were on the Third one and although the signs are a little better it still has it Moments)

Too add I think any more with these new products that are coming out, I think sometimes they come out to soon before enough testing is done but there pushed out anyway so we continue there testing for them but it's our Dollars that's at stake and not there's but they got there Goal is accomplished as the product is out on the shelf. Making money..

Hopefully as i mentioned the issues ones are seeing in the Moto X is just small and are fixable.. I still think it's a good phone and I hope it is one that i can Looked to buy after the first of the Year.. b 

0 Likes