Re: Moto X Signal Strength
B33
Legend

Yup.. I agree

0 Likes
cemathis91

The Moto X came with a new SIM, so I used that one.

If the iPhone 5 didn't have a signal after it was deactivated, how could it ever be activated again?  It wouldn't be able to contact VZ's servers, so no activation (unless WiFi is present, but let's say you're on the road and need the phone but don't have WiFi).

Isn't the SIM card only for LTE? 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup it Provides the LTE and the Info to your Phone)  Now as for using the Phone with Wi-Fi you can use it to Run the Data Part Only that's how i Run my Droid X which isn't hook to a Plan any longer but I only use my Droid X at Home Unless I know some one that has Free Wi-Fi..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cemathis91 wrote:

The Moto X came with a new SIM, so I used that one.

If the iPhone 5 didn't have a signal after it was deactivated, how could it ever be activated again?  It wouldn't be able to contact VZ's servers, so no activation (unless WiFi is present, but let's say you're on the road and need the phone but don't have WiFi).

Isn't the SIM card only for LTE? 

The SIM card controls both the voice and cellular data connection to the Verizon Wireless network. To reactivate the iPhone, move the SIM card from the Moto X to the iPhone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes