Moto X Signal Strength
cemathis91

In the same room comparing my iPhone 5 with my new Moto X, I get ~78dBm signal on the iPhone and ~97dBm on the Moto X.  Is the Moto X reception just that much worse than the iPhone, or should I contact Verizon to see about getting a replacement?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto X Signal Strength
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Same network type?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Same network type?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cemathis91

No.  iPhone was 3G and X was LTE.  Wasn't thinking when I posted this, but soon figured it out.  That explains it all.  I wish I could turn off LTE on the X just to compare the same signal types, but I can't figure out how...

Oh well, thanks for helping!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why was the iPhone 5 only connecting to 3G? It is capable of handling the 4G LTE network on Verizon Wireless.

As for the network level on the Moto X, that is a decent signal for LTE. It isn't the greatest, but it certainly isn't the worst.

0 Likes
cemathis91

It was only connecting to 3G because it was my old phone before I got the Moto X.  I activated the Moto X, so the LTE on the iPhone 5 doesn't connect anymore.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cemathis91 wrote:

It was only connecting to 3G because it was my old phone before I got the Moto X.  I activated the Moto X, so the LTE on the iPhone 5 doesn't connect anymore.

The only thing with that is the iPhone 5 shouldn't have even a signal after you activated the Moto X  The SIM cad should have been moved to the Moto X since they are the same size or if it moved wasn't then the old card was deactivated and won't work.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Nope.!  Sorry to differ but The Moto X takes a Nano Sim Ann..  not the Micro Sim as we've come accustomed to)  It and the new Ultra's are equipped with this new Card but his or her iPhone 5 should be able to work if they have Wi-Fi available..  The data part of it! Smiley Happy  b33

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Like Ann154 said, the SIM card should have been moved to the Moto X since both the iPhone 5 and the Moto X use a nano SIM card.

B33
Legend

Well tiki i didn't realize the nano Sim was used in the iPhone my mistake on that but I assume since the Moto X was a new purchase a new Nano was provided..  Maybe that is why the OP put the new one in it. but that is just a Guess.. any hoo off to read some Threads.. Later Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wouldn't have suggested that the SIM card be moved from one phone to the other if I wasn't sure about the size.

In either case, the old SIM card should have been deactivated.

0 Likes