Issues upgrading to lollipop
cldavis90
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I try to upgrade my phone to lollipop it fails every time after the restart. It's been a week already. Any way to fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues upgrading to lollipop
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cldavis90 wrote:

I am connected to WiFi when I try to update. I tried to update via laptop and it said, there are no updates for your device at this time. Current version: 212.166.3.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

You have half of the update. There was a small update (that you have installed) to prepare the phone for the main update. I would suggest running the Software Repair Assistant to fix the update and get you with the full update. Software Update: Moto X by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the latest software is crucial, cldavis90. Help has arrived. What make and model phone do you have?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cldavis90
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Motorola moto x first generation

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cldavis, we want you to have the best experience possible on thta device. Let's make sure that you have room for that new update. Delete all unwanted applications, text messges, call logs, e-mails, pictures, and videos. Removing information will free up memory space. Once that information is deleted, try to download the update again.

For more information regaridng that software update, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/moto-x-update/

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cldavis90
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did all of that and freed up a lot of space and it still won't update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cldavis90, we had hoped for better news from you. Let's take a closer look into this. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you attempt to download the software update? There's an alternate method of retrieving that update. Do you have access to a PC or laptop? If so, you can connect that device to a computer to download that update:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/moto-x-update/

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
cldavis90
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am connected to WiFi when I try to update. I tried to update via laptop and it said, there are no updates for your device at this time. Current version: 212.166.3.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cldavis90 wrote:

You have half of the update. There was a small update (that you have installed) to prepare the phone for the main update. I would suggest running the Software Repair Assistant to fix the update and get you with the full update. Software Update: Moto X by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

cldavis90
Enthusiast - Level 1

That worked, thank you

0 Likes