I would like to know how effective FamilyBase is on a Moto X (2nd Gen.) phone before I download.
KandCD

I've been trying to find a good parental control app for my 12 year old son's phone to keep him from downloading apps and using up my data. Yet every app I tried hasn't worked because he seems to just make a new guest account on his phone to bypass the app altogether. I guess what I'm asking is, if my son makes a new account on the phone, will Family Base still block data usage, and can i still lock the phone?

0 Likes
Re: I would like to know how effective FamilyBase is on a Moto X (2nd Gen.) phone before I download.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like your son's phone should be taken away if he isn't following the rules you've set in place. If you're not going to do that though, Family Base is a service you have to pay for, though you should still be able to get 1 month free. When you set it up, you need to make sure airplane mode is NOT turned on and that way the password will take affect. If it ends up not working, you'll need to contact Verizon or log back into your account to unsubscribe to the service or you'll be charged $5 a month for it.

0 Likes