How do I change my voice mail password?
mikegz

How do I delete or override my voicemail password on a Moto G ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail password
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't delete it.  You can change it, or you can enter it automatically when you dial your voicemail by adding a pause, then the password, then the # to the speedial for VM.  If y  ucan't edit that, then set up a new speedial that you know is the edited sequence and use that to call voicemail.

From the phone screen, go to 'call settings', scroll to 'voicemail settings', click on that and edit the number.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't delete it.  You can change it, or you can enter it automatically when you dial your voicemail by adding a pause, then the password, then the # to the speedial for VM.  If y  ucan't edit that, then set up a new speedial that you know is the edited sequence and use that to call voicemail.

From the phone screen, go to 'call settings', scroll to 'voicemail settings', click on that and edit the number.

mikegz

Thank you very much, I appreciate the help.

0 Likes
rljablon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like to add my password to the voicemail auto dial on my Turbo 2.

Could some walk me through it?  I think I may be missing a step.

Phone icon --> Three vertical dots next to search bar --> Settings --> Calls --> Voicemail --> Setup --> Voicemail number -->  *86,;[password] --> ok --> ok.

Pressing "1" for voicemail auto dial, dials *86 and I'm asked for my password.

I made sure what I entered is saved in "Settings" and then powered off and on.  I tried again, and the auto dial still does *86.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try P instead of the comma for a pause, and you need to add a # after the password...

0 Likes
rljablon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion.

I can't figure out how to add a "p" in place of the comma.  The screen I get allows me to hit the comma, semi-colon, "Pause," or "Wait."  I don't see how to get to an alphabet.

I added the "#."  It didn't work.

I noticed that the default voicemail app doesn't have a setting that allows the number to be changed.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If there is an option to add a pause, use that.  You can always set up your voicemail as a new contact, called Voice Mail or something, customize the number to *86 pause XXXX #  and save it.  Set that "contact" up on a speed dial.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is the option I use with every phone.  I set up a contact called Voice Mail and then set that contact as a speed dial on a home screen.  However, to avoid issues when traveling (where *86 may not always work), I set my contact up as:

10digitphonenumber,,xxxx#

where the x's represent the password.