Contact name Not Showing Up
whitejw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having an issue with incoming voice and text calls. The name from my contact list is not showing up. It appears to be related as to whether there is a 1 on the incoming number. If there is and the contact list does not have the 1 or vice versa then the name doesn't show up. Compounding the problem there is no consistency in whether the incoming call has the 1 or not. It may vary from one time to the next. I have rebooted phone, resynced, etc. Nothing works.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Contact name Not Showing Up
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? Do you have the HD Voice feature on your line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
whitejw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Moto X Pure. I have the enhanced 4g lte mode. Not sure on the HD Voice feature.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

whitejw, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Have you recently changed from an iPhone to a non-iPhone? Is this happening on all incoming text messages and calls or just with this certain phone number? Can you make calls and send text messages to that mobile number with no issues? 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
whitejw
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I have  never had an Iphone. This will happen with any number that doesn't match the contact list number exactly. In other words if the number comes in with a 1 to start and the contact doesn't have the 1 then it doesn't match. And the opposite is also true. The problem is compounded when the same number comes in one time with the 1 and sometimes without the 1. So modifying the contact list won't help. Outgoing calls or texts using the contact list work fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your contacts name come up when you are receiving a call is a nice feature, whitejw. I use that to determine whether to answer the call or not. When did this start? Did this feature ever work for you? Are you up to date on your software?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes