Can I add custom ringtones for my Moto X?
crucibelle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm just wondering if I'll be able to download and add my own ringtones to the moto x, or if I have to use the ringtones included on the phone?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ringtones for Moto X
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

crucibelle wrote:

I'm just wondering if I'll be able to download and add my own ringtones to the moto x, or if I have to use the ringtones included on the phone? 

Yes, you can add your own custom ringtones to the phone. You need to save them to the "ringtones" folder on the phone's internal memory space. For notification tones, add them to the "notifications" folder.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets customize your device crucibelle! Fill us in on the details and we'll see what options are available for the ringtones. How are the ringtones saved? Are you looking to use the current music you have stored on your SD card or device as a ringtone? Is the ringtone available in a text message?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

crucibelle wrote:

Yes, you can add your own custom ringtones to the phone. You need to save them to the "ringtones" folder on the phone's internal memory space. For notification tones, add them to the "notifications" folder.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Lets customize your device crucibelle! Fill us in on the details and we'll see what options are available for the ringtones. How are the ringtones saved? Are you looking to use the current music you have stored on your SD card or device as a ringtone? Is the ringtone available in a text message?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Ummm, , the Moto X only has an internal memory and no SD card slot.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I have a Moto X and saved my custom ringtones and notification tones just like described. The Moto X is a great phone, but the choice of stock ringtones on it weren't my cup of tea, lol. Let me know if you need any further help.

Doc

PS: Ann is also correct about no SD card, just only internal memory.

crucibelle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello everyone, thank you for all your help.  I feel so silly asking these questions.  This is the first smartphone I've owned.  Anyhow, I did figure out the ringtone thing.  Now I'm having another problem.  Every time I turn my phone off, when I turn it back on the wallpaper has blown up a lot bigger than it is supposed to be.  I did some googling and found out this is a common problem, caused by kitkat android operating system.  The only fix I could find was to install a third party wallpaper-setting app.  Hopefully the next android update will fix this problem.  If any of you know of a diff fix, please let me know.  Oh, one more question... can the Moto X do ringback tones as well?

I'm really having trouble finding a case for this phone.  I want a clear one since my phone is pink, and Iike it.  I got the air-jacket case with my Moto X (from the Motorola website), but it was all scratched up when I received it.  I don't want anything that will scratch that easily, so I returned it to Motorola for a refund.

thank you guys again, and sorry for rambling.. lol

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ringback tones are managed through your MyVerizon account online not on your phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

But you two choices of Extra Storage one from Google which when you sign up is Free for 2 years, then there's Cloud storage from Verizon so even though you have a 16GB machine you can bump up the storage b

Wanted to add:  Ifixit shows some good pictures of all the components in the Moto X even the Internal SD..

0 Likes