Android 4.4 update
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

I am curious to see how long it is going to take Verizon and its "approval process"  which seems to always end up being the last carrier to update their software to get it and send it out to us.  Motorola is already stating that it is going to receive the update according to their website.  Anybody want to take bets how long it's going to take verizon to release 6 months? 1 year? I'm going to say 6 months, though it could be done sooner, and watch other carriers will start to receive it next month.

0 Likes
Re: Android 4.4 update
Vincent_328
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon was the first US carrier to release the 4.3 update to the GS4, so keep your hopes high.

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

I can't honestly the only thing I can trust about verizon is that I am going to have a high bill.  And going by their history of updating have to expect them to be last as usual which is not ok, and hope that they can actually prove many people wrong by maybe being first or second. 

Timbo2000
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes they did, and thanks to the 4.3 update, most of my functionality with my Samsung Galaxy 4 is gone. Thanks Verizon for nothing!

Is there a way to roll back a version until the 4.4 is released?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Timbo2000 wrote:

Yes they did, and thanks to the 4.3 update, most of my functionality with my Samsung Galaxy 4 is gone. Thanks Verizon for nothing!

Is there a way to roll back a version until the 4.4 is released?

No. Nothing officially.

The S4 I have works fine now once I solved my SD card issue after the 4.3 update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Timbo2000
Enthusiast - Level 3

Could you expand on what you did?  Currently, I'm having app problems with paid apps, and other pesky problems like the disappearance of the notification LED for alerts and push notifications just to start.  I do not want to play an annoying "sound file" or have my phone "vibrate" when I get either a notification from an app.  Even text messages do not use the LED for notification anymore.  All I want to do is glance at my phone, and if the blue LED is flashing, I know to look further.

Android is turning into Windowz... with each "update" of their software they seem to introduce dozens of "bugs" to complement it. ; )

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Timbo2000 wrote:

Could you expand on what you did?  Currently, I'm having app problems with paid apps, and other pesky problems like the disappearance of the notification LED for alerts and push notifications just to start.  I do not want to play an annoying "sound file" or have my phone "vibrate" when I get either a notification from an app.  Even text messages do not use the LED for notification anymore.  All I want to do is glance at my phone, and if the blue LED is flashing, I know to look further.

Android is turning into Windowz... with each "update" of their software they seem to introduce dozens of "bugs" to complement it. ; )

You can see what my issue was with the S4 update at

As for your LED issues, I don't have any suggestions. Mine is working as it should and reacts the same as before the update.

I also long before the update switched to using Nova Launcher as my home screen replacement UI so I don't deal with most of the TouchWiz UI anymore.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mazatron

I am updated my Moto X to 4.4 and have one issue:

Some applications freezes or "laggy" when i open them through active notification (when i receive notification and swipe up to open it in application)

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

Interesting I am using a combo of ART and nova launcher so my phone is just zipping along at the moment.  Looks like verizon is back to itself with updates 4.4.2 is being released and majority carriers have it except verizon and at&t which if I would guess at&t will be next.

0 Likes