Activate new Moto X and switch old Moto X to another line procedure
nreiter

I have just bought a new Moto X 2014 which comes with a SIM card.  I currently have a Moto X 2013.  I want to activate the new phone on my line and switch the old one to my wife's line to replace here LG Accolade.  What is the best procedure to accomplish this?  Do I first activate the new phone on my line with the new SIM card or do I use the old SIM card?  Or can I activate the new phone with the new SIM card that it comes with?  My wife has no SIM card as here current phone is just a feature phone, not a smart phone.

0 Likes
Re: Activate new Moto X and switch old Moto X to another line procedure
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can definitely use the SIM card from the Moto X 2013 in the Moto X 2014 as they are the same size. Transfer everything from the old phone to the new phone using the Moto Migrate application. You might also want to backup your data on a computer too. Then you should factory reset the Moto X 2013 and set it up on wifi with your wife's email address and preferences. From there you can sign into your MyVerizon account online and use the Activate/Change device command to activate the Moto X 2013 on your wife's line. I think you should be able to use the SIM card that came with the Moto X 2014 when it asks if you have a SIM card to use for activating the phone. If you have problems, you can call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and have the reps add the SIM card to activate on your wife's line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

nreiter

Thank you, that's what I need to know.  Will my wife's phone book be transferred from her Accolade to the Moto X?  They are backed up with Verizon Backup.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can restore through the Verizon Cloud application on the phone, but I would suggest exporting them out of Verizon Backup Assistant and import them into your wife's Gmail account through the web interface.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nreiter

Thanks again.  I've now imported them into her Gmail account.  Phone arrives later this morning, so this afternoon I'll be busy<g>.

0 Likes