z2 force restarts when attempting to open screen
jl00033

It started restarting a few days ago when I would try to sign in with the fingerprint option.  Now, it is restarting when I am trying to sign in with a pin.  As soon as I hit the unlock icon, it goes black and restarts. This is very annoying.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: z2 force restarts when attempting to open screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I agree, jl00033. It would be difficult to be happy with anything that's not working. Has anything recently changed? Has the z2 been dropped or exposed to water?

When it’s in Safe Mode, does this restart problem happen? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-213532/

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jl00033

I cannot get it to restart in Safe Mode.  I have tried several times using both methods. 

It has not been exposed to water.  The only change has been the latest upgrade to 8.0 Oreo.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The good news is that it hasn't been exposed to water, @jl00033. It's odd that the device will not go into Safe Mode. In this case, let's complete an unresponsive test. 

Press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles. Please do this while you have the device plugged in. 

If you have a memory card in the device, please remove that while the phone is off. Are you able to power the phone on or place it in Safe Mode? 

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @ VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes