text message wallpaper
MANDYMART1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did the software update for my droid moto Z and now my custom wallpaper for individual contacts wont save for text messaging. It keeps returning back to the blank white default. How do I get this to save. I have restarted my phone several times.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text message wallpaper
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Numerous issues are being reported with the latest updates; another update is supposed to be released soon.  Some users are uninstalling the update or using the phone's stock text app; if you do, you won't receive texts from users that are using Verizon Messages with the latest update applied.  If you decide to revert to the stock text app, disable Verizon Messages.  If you uninstall the update, turn off automatic updates on the VM app until all this is straightened out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
aclapp85
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue. Anyone get back to you yet??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mandymart1, making sure that your device is working how it should be is our goal. Does the wallpaper save under the contact's app? What messaging application are you using (stock app or Message)?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have access to your wall papers for your contacts, Mandymart1. I use seperate backgrounds for my contacts as well. Let's review this in full. In regards to the wall papers are you using downloaded wallpapers or are you using preinstalled ones?

JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I enjoy personalizing my contact's messaging threads. Let's ensure you can do the same, aclapp85. Which message app are you using? What phone do you have? What are the steps you take to save the wallpaper for your contacts?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
aclapp85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm using the message+ app from Verizon. It was working then stopped i was able to uninstall the update n reinstall it and that seemed to fix but now anytime i get a message from anyone it comes in as a group message. I'm not sending group messages at all. How can i fix that? I have the LG G3. Haven't ever had a problem with the app until the update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aclapp85, we want to make sure your text messaging app is working. We are here to provide support. There is a known issue with the app after the update. It sounds like you did a great job troubleshooting the issue, however there is a known issue and our software engineers are working on a fix. In the mean time we are recommending that customers switch to the default messaging app that came on your phone. All you have to do is to select the app and it will ask if you want to set it a your default app. You should select yes and it will do the switch for you. None of your messages will be lost in the process.

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Numerous issues are being reported with the latest updates; another update is supposed to be released soon.  Some users are uninstalling the update or using the phone's stock text app; if you do, you won't receive texts from users that are using Verizon Messages with the latest update applied.  If you decide to revert to the stock text app, disable Verizon Messages.  If you uninstall the update, turn off automatic updates on the VM app until all this is straightened out.

0 Likes