Re: moto z force wifi disconnecting itself
GREEN32

I also have this problem. Just recently it is very bad. Other devices in my network are fine. It just drops out, then if I reconnect it might work for a few minutes then drops again!

0 Likes
Talitha_calamia
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I can. I connected to to Verizon Store, but not for long. My main source of connection is WIFI at home. I've done everything I know to. This is quite frustrating​ because I'm using all my data while I'm at home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Green32, I know I depend heavily on Wi-Fi. Are you having issues with every Wi-Fi connection or just a certain one? Have you ever maintained a solid connection with Wi-Fi? Anything change recently to potentially lead to this?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
GREEN32

Only this phone has the problem. Other phone, 2 computer s and TV all connect and stay on.

0 Likes
Vthor

I'm having this same issue as well. I just got the phone on June 1st and have been trying to troubleshoot it myself but nothing is working. It's very frustrating when I'm at home because I don't have mobile data there and when I'm at work it's constantly interrupting what I'm doing. This needs to be fixed or I'll have to return the phone which also makes me mad because I already bought cases, extra charges, etc for it and they won't work with any other phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to keep a strong WiFi connection, GREEN32. To get a better idea where to start can you advise what troubleshooting steps you have been able to complete so far? Have you had a chance to forget your WiFi network and reconnect as new? In Settings>System Updates>Check For New does your phone show your software is current?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vthor, I know how important it is to have a working phone at all times. Especially if you have purchased all the accessories for the device. Just to clarify, are you having issues with the Wi-Fi disconnecting from your Moto Z Force? If so, when did this start? Did you make any new changes to your phone when issues started?

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
CSI24SEVEN

Both my son and I have the Force and we both regularly disconnect from the wifi at home.  I also disconnect from my office wifi.  I have tried all of the trouble shooting tips given on the forum to this point and nothing.  I did not have this problem with my Samsung S4 and my daughter hasn't had the issue with either of her iPhones.  And none of the other devices that connect to my home wifi have had this issue, only the Motorola phones.  I bought the phone during the $15/month promotion in January so am I locked into this phone for the 24 months if this problem continues?

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

There are reports on the web of others with Moto Force phones having issues with WiFi. Maybe your phone is defective. Isn't it under warranty?

Some more sleuthing is in order.

I guess I'd first try rebooting the router. Does the phone remain connected?

I'd download WiFi Analyzer. Is your WiFi on a channel that is competing with someone else's router? If so, try changing the channel to one where there are no other routers, or where the signal level of another router is very very low.

I'd consider changing the router's position. Computers (Laptops and Desktops) generally have a much bigger antenna for WiFi than a phone. Do you have the flexibility to run a long CAT5 cable along the baseboard from your modem to the router, and put it in a different room or different part of the room?

You could download a program like Network Cell Info Lite or  Advanced Signal Status. What is your received power from WiFi in various parts of the house? Download the same app onto someone else's Android phone and compare. If only iPhone available, download OpenSignal from the iTunes store. Your numbers should compare favorably. If not, well, yeah, you may have a defective device.

0 Likes
CSI24SEVEN

We have rebooted the router (which is secure), rebooted our phones, forgotten the network and reconnected.  My phone drops wifi repeatedly even when I'm sitting in the same room as the router.

Since both of us have had the phone less than a year, it should be under warranty.  Given the number of people that seem to have this same issue, I'm thinking it's issues with the phone.  I will go to a Verizon store and see what they tell me about replacement... although if it is an issue with that model of phone, a new one will not solve it.

0 Likes