Re: message app icon not showing # of new text messages
JANWHI44
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am new to Verizon and when I first sign on I was happy.  New phones and plan for the hold family within my budget but I have so much problems with my phone since the updates had taken place.  My message plus icon will not display message counts as well.  Call them about it and i get the same advise that everyone in this forum has gotten.  I am starting to not get a ring tone on my phone when I dial certain numbers.  My phone also drops wifi for no reason what so ever.  No one can not explain why.  Someone need to find answers to these problems and fix them.. We pay you for service and I think we should get it.

MELBOUTIN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. I just bought the Motorola Z Play and don't get the number notifications on my Verizon text messenger app or Gmail. I hear the notification and see it in the notification bar, but there is no notification on the app icon where they have been in every other Verizon phone I've owned. Got on the chat several times and got different answers from every associate I spoke to. One told me it was because of the operating system on my phone, that Motorola did not include badge counters in the new OS. Another told me to download third party apps as a workaround (didn't work). I wish someone at Verizon knew what the heck they were talking about. Can anyone here provide an honest answer as to why this is happening, or dare I say it, a SOLUTION?

REGCEC61
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately Verizon just won't admit their application has a problem.

They'd rather say user error then admit the problem was caused by their

programming and say a fix is coming. Make us all feel like we do not know

how to use our phones. I guess all we can do is wait for them to fix

brybio
Enthusiast - Level 1

I disabled the Message+ app which asked me to uninstall updates and revert back to the factory version (6.3.7).  I did and then enabled the app.  Without any updates the message+ icon shows unread message count as 1, which is correct. Next, I read the text and the Icon does not show any unread messages.  multiple test of this prove that this version is performing as I desire.  I then updated to version 6.4.42 (from the Google Play store) I receive a text and the icon does not show any unread message count at all...   the issue is with the update to message+.  If you want to display the count then revert back to the factory version....   for now..

SORCERESS9
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem of the icon not giving a visual notification of unread text messages extends to the voicemail icon as well. I missed 3 voicemails because there is no visual notification on the icon. Once I clear all the notifications that pop up during the course of the day (or night), there is no other reminder to go back and look at those. This has only been a problem since the last update, during which all the icon designs were changed. Please fix this as it is a designer/programmer error/omission.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorceress9, ensuring that you're able to view text message notifications on your mobile phone when using the Verizon Message+ app is very important. I've also noted your reference to having missed three voicemails due to no visual notification on the voice mail icon. I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you.

I just recently received an update to my own Verizon + app yesterday and my app is working just fine. I also previously experienced this very same issue (no notification of text messages). Application updates are intended to enhance the performance of the app. I also use the same device you do (MOTO Z Force). I received its software update on 8/29/17.

I initiated a "Force Stop" through the Settings option on my device and then I disabled the Verizon + app on my phone. This allowed me to access Google Playstore to re-enable the most updated Verizon + app version again. Please be sure to check the app's updated version (6.4.42).

I assure you this process won't result in you losing any of your current text messages. You'll be asked several questions when re-enabling the app again to your mobile phone (e.g. emoji styles, etc.). I recommend this option first and once you've re-enabled the Verizon Plus app back to your phone please test it out at your convenience.

I've not experienced any further issues with the Verizon Message + app since completing the steps I've provided above on my device. If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to the Application Developer via email at:

VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com for additional assistance. I know I’ve provided a lot of information for your review but I want to do everything I can to assist you and our other customers in resolving this matter.

RobertC_VZW  

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
REGCEC61
Enthusiast - Level 3

The current version of Message+ on my droid is 6.4.42.

I have already done what you are suggesting (I did that process before I

even posed the problem online) , and still the app does not show how many

unread text messages.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 12:45 PM, vzw_customer_support <

SORCERESS9
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Message+ app was already at version 6.4.42, but I did a Force Stop and a Disable (uninstall) for the app. I went to the Play store and reinstalled the same version (6.4.42). I am seeing the same behavior as before...no visual notification on the Message+ icon. However, the icon for the voicemail and email seem to be working now.

kdog3ss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add me to this string too. No notification counter on the Messenger+ app. Everything else works fine.

posies
Enthusiast - Level 3

Again, the suggestions given have already been tried, as noted in previous posts. Please have your developers fix this...this is not user error or phone error. .it is app error.

Thanks,

Vickie P