Re: message app icon not showing # of new text messages
posies
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why does this allow you to reply to a specific comment, only to have it drop your new comment to the end of the messages?

0 Likes
DAK001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue, this is VERY annoying, the only alerts i get to messages are audio, i can not always have my phone making noise!! This is a very simple function why is it not already fixed?!?!?!?!

0 Likes
posies
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok...we've waited long enough. The developers know what the problem is. We have done the research and told you how to reproduce the problem. We have contacted the software developers more than once. So where is the update with fix? I'm tired of having to go to my homescreen and having to minimize what I'm doing in order to get to my messages!

shancat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having all of these same issues! Incredibly annoying, Verizon!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shancat, we definitely don't want you to be annoyed with us. We're here to help you. Please provide us with a brief description of what you are experiencing specifically?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
posies
Enthusiast - Level 3

MarcusS_VZW

Oh my gosh...do you guys even read these before you respond! We have told you 6 pages worth of what's going on, have been waiting for over a month for a fix, have reported to the Verizon team as a glitch! I did find on Twitter that Verizon is aware of it, and are working with Motorola for a fix. I would rather verizon not respond at all, rather than the obvious canned response without reading through the thread! We should not have to continually repeat ourselves because they can't be bothered to actually research the problem and give us an actual update!

Tinwhiskers
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is absolutely amazing to me how many users, me included, have posted this on this site with NO SOLUTION OR ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS from Verizon!  Then, what are we here for?

The single reply was a software template designed to automatically answer.  One blogger then replied with more grace than I would have, with instructions to read the above comments because the answers to the machine generated response we're already there.  Proof that the reply was electronically set off and not a human reply.  Again what are we here for if Verizon is not addressing all our issues about abt ALL THEIR products?

Being a software programmer and web designer I am frustrated with Verizon's website in general - and that speaks volumes to the ignorance of the designers.  It reeks of programming-ignorant upper management dictating to the skilled programming creators how they will do their job!  There's no flow chart or logic and it's willy-nilly.   As 99% of other websites are user-friendly intuitive and well-designed.  We easily work through all others.

I don't attempt at failure on their website anymore to find what I'm looking for.  May I suggest to others to do what I do?   I always call customer support and IMMEDIATELY ASK FOR TECH SUPPORT!  Walla!!! They walk me through where to find the thing I'm looking for.  If this takes 10 minutes of my time it's better than 30 minutes trying to understand where and how to find what I am expecting the programming flowchart to do for me.  It WAS designed by web creation ignorant upper management.

Signed, very Verizon-web frustrated Web Master

pooh53175
Enthusiast - Level 2

I emailed them, not as if they will do anything.

My husband went to a Verizon Store, and the only update they could give was use the messaging app, instead of Message+. Seriously, this is getting old. I should not have to change my app, because your developers cannot figure out what they messed up.

0 Likes
posies
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you want to use message+, there is a work around to KIND of make it work ( since I've also emailed their app support team twice with no response). Press the bar at the bottom of the homescreen to bring up the widget menu. Drag the message+ widget to your homescreen. From there, your message count will show. Unfortunately, you can't move the widget to the bottom bar, so you still have to go to your homescreen to access messages but it's better than having to change apps, or not getting notifications when silent. Hopefully, Verizon will fix this before the Droid z is outdated and they quit supplying updates, like they did for Droid Maxx. I'm not holding my breath, though...

0 Likes
GWNI
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seriously.  With the kind of money that we pay for Verizon service!  You support is poor.  You asking people to reiterate their problem each time is poor.  This has been going on since the August update.  They have all told you how to reproduce the problem and the workaround.  I'm pretty disappointed at the sub-par support for a premium price network.  It's time to start looking around I think at cheaper pricing at other carriers.  Sad folks, just sad.