Re: message app icon not showing # of new text messages
pooh53175
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was super excited, this actually worked....until Play Store updated the app from version 6.3.7 to version 6.4.42. I can repeat the process, but I'm not going to do that EVERY time Google Play feels an update needs to be done.

So now what?

TOMMCN79
Enthusiast - Level 1

gotta side with REGCEC61 here....this thread has been going for over 2 weeks now.  It's ridiculous that this issue hasn't yet been resolved.  Something tells me that if we begin to publicize this issue via social media and and begins to hit Verizon in the pocketbook, the issue will be miraculously resolved in a matter of hours.... 

pmat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Posies... My experience exactly...  I tried everything.  I pulled the Message+ app from the top of the application bar (when  you push the up arrow to show all of your apps) and it didn't show messages either.  Only the app icon from the widgets area showed the message count.  I had both icons side by side and only the one I pulled from the widget area showed the message count.  and cannot be placed on the lower status bar

pmat

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

REGCEC61, we understand the need to get this fixed. As mentioned before this is being looked at to get corrected. At this time we can’t say when another update will be pushed out to get this corrected. I would like to have you try an additional step. Place the phone in safe mode http://vz.to/2iv5Fg4. Do you receive the notification while in this mode?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pooh53175, we want this to work for you. If you are still experiencing this issue in the future, we'd recommend reaching out to the Application Developer at VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com. We are currently waiting for a fix.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JANWHI44
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did that still no icon notification next.

On Sep 11, 2017 12:45 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

lmi1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is almost comical if it weren't such an annoyance. Why is Verizon Tech asking the posters here for workarounds and suggestions? Is it just a bot yanking chains? Clearly Verizon can't be bothered to solve this as it's just MOTO specific and isn't worth the expense at this time.

kdog3ss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any news on this yet or have we been forgotten?

MELBOUTIN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not in the least.  I've been told by VW that they are "working" on a fix, but there is no information on when that will actually happen.  I've also been told to work around it by either downloading another application that will show the count, or to uninstall the updates.  I have uninstalled the updates and I have the counter, but it's a temporary fix and not fair, given that I pay the same fees as someone else who gets to utilize their phones as they are intended to be utilized.  I can't even imagine if I was having a problem with the electricity in part of my house and the power company instructed me to get power to that part of the house from another supplier as a work around until they were able to fix it.  It's insane and honestly, I don't even think they care.  Verizon Wireless has horrible customer service and it's no wonder that they are losing customers left and right, now that other carriers are actually able to compete with them. 

posies
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then I would say you are very lucky because it doesn't work for anyone else. The ONLY temporary work-around is to grab the widget for the message+ app from the widget menu and drag it to the home screen. Except then, it won't go into the bottom bar. Therefore, we have to return to the homescreen every time there is a message, since the bar won't allow it to be added. I wrote to the Verizon team, as suggested, over 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive a response and you guys are still repeating the same suggestions without reading the messages we have left. The app icon shows the unread messages on the app grabbed from widget menu only. This should at least give you guys an idea of what is wrong. The problem is with the update, not the user. Please fix this!