Re: existing customer free phone (Moto Z Play) not being honored?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mama23dogs, thanks for helping us support our customers. Here's more information regarding what's included in insurance and how to file a claim: http://vz.to/1xPDUon

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAWGFR81, it's our goal to make sure that you always have a positive experience with us on our network. I'm sorry to hear that this didn't recently happen for you when upgrading to a new phone. We want to make sure that you subscribe to the best plan available and take advantage of any great promotions at that time. When taking advantage of a free device offer, you are required to trade in a device that is in good working condition. You mentioned that you lost your previous phone. As a result, I apologize. You would not qualify for that promotion.

There is a one time upgrade fee of $30.00 when upgrading to a new phone. You have access to Verizon Cloud, online website support, and in store wireless workshops. This is everything that you need to ensure that you have the best experience possible on your phone. This fee helps us cover the cost of providing these services to you. Additionally, you have 30 days to add insurance to your device: http://vz.to/1xPDUon

Lastly, I apologize for any misinformation or confusion. We don't have the ability to change your plan when you're on One Bill. As a result, you would have to contact our One Bill customer service team directly when requesting to move to a new Verizon Plan. At the time of purchase, you are provided with a detailed subscription of your plan, the contractual agreement for your device upgrade and tablet purchase. Did you review those documents? As a reflection of our commitment to you, we also e-mail and mail you a letter confirmation, as well. I hope that this information addresses your concerns. We'd like to uplift this feedback to those store locations. Which store did you visit? http://vz.to/1BnlKZ1

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUZAPPLE
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband has talked to 6-8 different agents over about 4-5 hours trying to get the Black Friday offer we were promised.  They said they would pull the recording of the call where they confirmed everything (from Black Friday) and call me back. Turns out they lied to get him off the phone. Two separate times the agents (Danish and a lady who gave me a fake name) finally "found" the correct promotion and promised it would be resolved on the next bill. Of course they said that to get him off the phone. The credit never comes and the next months agent has no notes of the promise. 2 managers promised to call back in 2-3 days and didn't.  After getting worn down, they finally said to go away (final offer) and gave us $200 off the total of the two phones we are making payments on. I am a very long time customer...and they don't care. We are looking into small claims court or filing with a government agency.  I am not a complainer, but we can't allow ourselves to have hundreds and hundreds of dollars taken from us. We are so frustrated, we will get resolution even if it costs more than the benefit in time and legal costs. Right is right and we will stand up for ourselves...and the little guy. Smiley Sad

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a consumer, I expect promises to be kept. I would feel just as frustrated in your shoes. Our goal is to get this resolved for you. We appreciate your long term loyalty and we want to make this right. So that we can take a closer look and move toward resolution, I have sent you a Private Message.

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PAISIR59

I am having this same issue, as well. I purchased 2 Droid Z Plays on January 1, 2017 and was told they would be free because of the promotion (I also purchased 2 Samsung Edges that day). The representative said it would take a few billing cycles for the credits to begin. The next day, I returned the 2 Samsungs for 2 new Droid Z Plays and was told the promotion was no longer in effect. I knew the credits on the phones would take a few billing cycles to begin, so I wasn't worried right away. However, in March, when I still wasn't see the credit, I called. They assured me the credits would appear on the next bill. However, in April they still weren't applied and no one could find the promotion right away. I stayed on the phone for an hour and finally someone "found" the promotion and said it would be applied on the next bill. May's bill came and nothing. Again, on the phone with a Verizon manager who assured me she'd personally call me back with an answer, but never did. Now this month there's 6 credits of $7 off of one phone...that may have been the credit from January, but why on only one phone? From everything I've read here, I'm feeling scammed and am tempted to make a report with the BBB if I don't get the answers and credits that I deserve TODAY.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PAISIR59,

Thanks for stopping by on the community member forum. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your purchase. We're glad to hear that your concern has been addressed for one line, but we're happy to see what's going on with the others. You mentioned that when you went back in to exchange phones the store agents told you that the promotion was no longer in effect. To clarify, were they talking about the promotion that you already had for your first Moto Z Play, or were they saying that the promotional period had ended and was no longer available?

0 Likes
TONBOR87
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also being SCAMMED by Verizon on this "free" offer. I ordered the phone over the phone Dec 9th after I was assured by Verizon it was a FREE OFFER! I was to be billed $17 the first two months and then credited the third month and the phone was to be free. I have called every month about this since March and each time i am assured it will be taken care of. Each month it's still on my bill. Last week I again called and once again I am assured it will be resolved, I told them I certainly hope so because if it's on there next month I will not call I am just cancelling. I have been with Verizon 12 years and this is [Removed] to be treated this way!! Guess what?!? I get a new bill on email today and the $7 credit I was getting is now gone and they are charging me $17 a month! I am SO FED UP NOW I COULD SPIT NAILS!! Straight talk is looking better and better, and they wonder why they lose customers!! SERIOUSLY??! I would have never gotten the phone had it not been free because I didn't need one I was just taking advantage of the offer so I could give my daughter my old one...then this!!! [Removed]

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
TONBOR87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well u edit my comments but nothing as to fixing the problem?!?! Pretty obvious by all these other complaints that all of us were misled. Find it hard to believe all of us MISUNDERSTOOD this offer !

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you read the comment added by the Moderator? It was edited to comply with the Terms of Service for the community which you agreed to when you registered here. A moderator action is completely independent of the questions or issues you posted about.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TONBOR87
Enthusiast - Level 2

i saw that but didn't realize it's not someone who can FIX this problem. I am just SO FRUSTRATED about this whole situatioN, as I see many have fallen into this TRAP.