Re: existing customer free phone (Moto Z Play) not being honored?
aerostats
Enthusiast - Level 2

The offer was on my page after I logged into Verizon to check my bill for the month. The reason I followed up on the offer is because it was for a phone (Moto Z Play) for $17 a month with a $17 a month credit for the two year payment cycle. It said payments would start on the second or third month. I bought the phone on line and picked it up that day at my local Verizon store. I have a printout of the offer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure the fine print didn't require a trade-in? Most of the "free" phone offers require the customer to trade-in an eligible device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aerostats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann, thanks for your comment. I called Verizon at the time to make sure the offer was legitimate. I have a copy of the offer page. First time I called customer service they seemed to know all about it and told me not to worry, the credit would start on the third month and I would receive a check/card for the payments I had already made.  The second time I called, last month, the rep had no idea and said there were many offers during that period but could not find the specific one. I just received my bill (third month). There was no credit or back payment.

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

The wording for the Moto Z Play Droid promotion in December was "New device payment activation required. Upgrades excluded."  I interpreted this as "New Line Required", but tested it just to make sure.

When I selected the device as an upgrade to an existing line, there was no indication that there would be device payment credits.

upgradefree.png

But when I selected the option to add the device on a new line, it clearly showed the purchase qualified for the credits.

newlinefree.png

Did the green "Congratulations! You are getting..." banner in the screenshot above appear during your checkout?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aerostats, we want to make sure that there are no unanswered questions regarding the promotion you applied for. What was the purchase date of your Moto Z Play? Have you stopped into one of our corporate retail locations http://vz.to/1QEnwK4?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MCHANDL1

I have same issue, Store purchase, existing customer, bought thru Branson Mo. store at 1394a State Highway 248, Branson Mo. 65616-8200. Order # [removed]  on Dec. 4th 2016. Discussed with both salesman, and store manager, and they now will not honor and fix the issue to the original intent of $17.00 monthly credited to the bill for the equipment charge. Very frustrated with not being able to  resolve issue at the store level. To many others on here with same concern to let this drop and now have to pay the charge that was supposed to come of the bill. What are the next steps required to solve this issue?

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
aharvey523

I saw that offer in December and January. I was strongly considering it against the Moto Z Droid Force, that's how I remember the deal: Free for the Droid play, with most of what I wanted, or the $15.00 deals in the Droid Force, which was what I wanted...  Plus, I was trying to talk my son out of wanting the iPhone 7 deal in favor of the FREE Droid Play...Free worked BEST, obviously, but also, it seemed to fit his needs better!  So yes, the Droid Play listed for Free, for at least a couple months that we saw!

0 Likes
aerostats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Joseph. I have no way to get to the closest corporate store which is 30 miles away from my home. I purchased my phone on line. Does Customer support have the means to resolve problems on the blog or am I and everyone else with this problem spinning our wheels?  Joey2007ua64 has provided a screen shot of the offer. I have a similar screen shot sequence which I can provide. Where do all of us go with this problem? I have called Verizon and I have chatted with Verizon with no satisfaction. Now you suggest I talk to people at the corporate store. I expect Verizon to resolve this problem. I received my third bill after receiving my MOTO Z play with no rebate and no check paying for my past payments of $17..

0 Likes
JORROD48

I have the same problem. I attempted to take advantage of the promotion for the free Moto Z Play Droid from Verizon Wireless back in December 2016.  However, it turns out that Verizon Wireless is the one taking advantage of me.

In December 2016 I ordered a Moto Z Play Droid online from the Verizon Wireless website and picked up the phone a couple days later at a local Verizon Wireless store.  The promotion said I would be charged $17 a month for the phone payment but at the same time there would be a $17 credit applied to the bill.  Essentially making the phone free.   However, it has been 3 months now and I am still being charged $17 a month for the phone without a credit being applied. 

I called Verizon Wireless support back in January 2017 to confirm the promotion I selected was valid.  I was told by a rep, and she even sent me a text message stating the same, that my bill would begin getting credited starting on the March 2017 bill.  This did not happen and on 4-7-17 I called Verizon Wireless customer service and then Verizon Wireless internet sales department trying to resolve the issue. Essentially, I was told by Verizon Wireless reps that the promotion for the free Moto Z Play Droid never existed and that I would need to continue making the $17 a month payment for the phone.

Needless to say I was furious and frustrated with the way Verizon Wireless is handling this situation. They made it seem like I do not know how to navigate the internet and complete a simple phone order.  They claim that there were only 2 promotions going on at the time, one for a free Moto Z Play Droid with a trade in if you are coming from another carrier and another promotion where you buy a Moto Z Play Droid at regular price and you get the other free.  I am not an idiot and I know what promotion I selected. 

It is frustrating because I am only one person and Verizon Wireless is such a big entity that they can easily claim I am making all of this up.  They even refused to provide me the name or ID number of the female rep I spoke with back in January 2017 to confirm the information she gave me was correct.  They basically told me there is no way to get a hold of her because she works at a different call center.  Really?? Where is the accountability?  What hurts the most out of all this is that I have been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer for many years and for them to treat me like this is unfair.  Please help.

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

MCHANDL1​ , I am all about taking advantage of promotions and would like a chance to take a closer look at  your account to review what happened.  Please check your inbox for my Direct Message to better assist with account specific information.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes