Re: existing customer free phone (Moto Z Play) not being honored?
jds41979

April- Being an existing customer I was very cautious when I made the purchase and made sure the text did not say anything involving a new line or new line activation. I sadly didn't grab screen shots after I logged in and chose upgrade and it still showed $0.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring you get any promotions for which you qualify is a must, jds41979. Let’s take a closer look into this and see what happened. Please response to the private message I have sent you so we can get started.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
katrinan_vzw
Verizon Employee

katrina_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aprildew, we definitely want you to receive the correct promotional discounts. We're sorry to see that you've been dealing with this for quite some time. Let's see how we can help. Which device did you purchase? When was the exact date?

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
aerostats
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a very similar situation. I purchased a MOTO Z Play in December/January with a promotion that promised a $17 per month credit to my account for the cost of the phone until it was paid for in two years. After two months of not receiving the credit, I called customer support. They said the credit and past payment check would be sent to me at the end of month three. I called customer support at the end of month three and they could not find record of the promotion. Right now I am stuck with the remainder of a two year commitment of $17 for the phone. I don't really know what else to do. It seems like there were many of us that were taken advantage of and Verizon should not have offered a promotion that is not being honored.

SHOBAR95
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a real promotion. Finally got an answer through chat. It was called

the Free Entry Level Smartphone promotion that started on 12/1. As long as

it existed when you signed up, they can't say you don't qualify for it.

0 Likes
aerostats
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also went on chat. Unfortunately there no resolution. I felt like I was having to prove to Verizon that I was telling the truth. Verizon should have record of the promotion and I certainly am not making it up. Unless you take screen shots of the transaction, you have no record. I took a screen shot of the offer but there was no date on the print out. Even if you have record, who are you going to take it to? It is Verizon's responsibility to meet there offer and obligations.

WILFAB62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problem, although via phone contact with the promotions dept. on 3/17/17 with Ebony, after a considerable amount of time back and forth and holding couple time for 5 or more minutes each, She agreed with me about the promotion and it would be added to my account (note: there is nothing in my  documents yet)  which was in Dec. for existing customers  (in my case) an online offer only $17.00 pay with $17.00 credit no trade required. Billing cycle is up in a few day's, will see what happens. Also from Dec. I have the copy of the chat I did to confirm this deal and pricing with Verizon looking at my account which confirmed this deal and that's considered an electronic contract.

yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

aerostats​ , we definitely would not want you to feel like all hope is lost in regards to the promotion offered. When your phone was initially purchased, did you visit our Device Trade-In page to start Electronic Device Recycling – Verizon Wireless  ? 

Keep us posted

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
AMALTHIA80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had a similar issue. I got the moto z play and was told by two different reps that I would get the promo, now at month 3 I'm still not seeing a credit and they cant find the promo and say that it was only for new customers. I like most of us stuck in situations like this trusted that everything was correct didn't screen shot the checkout and am now being told that I can not get the promotion. Makes me sick since I have been with Verizon for nearly 10 years.

0 Likes