Z3 will not get past Blue Motorola Start Up Screen
Frankhalexander
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tonight I pulled out my Z3 from my belt holster and I had a Blue Motorola start up screen. I've seen this several times in the past (1-2 months) but it usually starts up. The phone is less than 1 year old. I cannot tell exactly how old because I ahve 8 lines and got this as a result of an iPhone locked by an ex-employee and this was sold to me in exchange for the iPhone that I cannot unlock.

OK that aside, this time the blue screen did not go away. It has stayed on the blue screen for over an hour. So I tried the troubleshooting guide. Unfortunately I could not manually turn off the phone. I could not do a factory reset because the "freeze" was on the start up screen. I tried charging it for over an hour with the blue screen on. No luck. Then I saw the options to troubleshoot go further. So I pressed power and vol down for 15~20 seconds until I got a horizontal andriod with its belly flap open and a 9 button keyboard. I toggled through the options each time the phone tried to reboot but would get stuck on the same blue screen of death. All I can do is try this method and go to the power off function and turn it off. Nothing seems to get me past the blue screen of Motorola death.

Labels (1)
Re: Z3 will not get past Blue Motorola Start Up Screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Moto Z3 not going past the Motorola screen when you try to start your device. We know how important it is to get this corrected, and we will be glad to help! To confirm, does your device have any physical or liquid damage? Also, where did you purchase this device? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
alysongrffn
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have had the same problem and cant find any info on how to correct this .. what is hte solution to get the phone working please help 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
alysongrffn
Enthusiast - Level 1

frank did you ever get a response back on your blue screen issue 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sad to learn that your phone is not completing the boot up process, alysongrffn. We want to help get your phone working for you.

We are very sad to say, but at this time a Factory Data Reset would be needed, which will delete everything on your phone. To do this when the phone is not powering on completely, you would need to access the Recovery Mode of the phone. Here is a link to show you how to do this https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-219240/

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
tmg215

I have the same issue. I have not had any spills or damage to the phone. This is not something I did, this is something that is going on with the phone. 

0 Likes
tmg215

I DO NOT KNOW if I saved my photos and videos. So I don't want to factory reset if I don't have to. HELP! This is crazy! I am never getting a motorola again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying that for me. With regard to your concerns do you have insurance coverage on the device? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
fossilboy50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I don't care about the dang phone, I just want my photos, videos, contacts, and text threads. But Motorola has been useless, only offering the Factory Reset solution. My info was not backed up. I'm losing photos and video of my father's memorial service, my two boys first ride on bikes without training wheels, and my favorite photo of my oldest son, as well as many important phone numbers/addresses and text threads. I'm heartbroken over the loss of my data. I don't give a garbage about the phone, but Motorola is of little help. I'm incredibly disappointed and will never buy a Motorola again. Looks like it's back to Samsung, which I had no problems with. I'm very disappointed with you Motorola. Thanks for ruining many memories and once-in-a-lifetime moments.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fossilboy50, we don't want you to lose all of those memories either. Since the MOTO Z3 device has an Android operating system, have you checked with the Google applications to see if your pictures and contacts were backed up? Normally when you sign into a new Android phone, your information should follow you. 

Try accessing Google Photos and Google Contacts. 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes