Re: Z3 randomnly shutting off
IROC-ZZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problem, battery between 30% and 40% but i did notice it one time as it shut off desplaying a battery at 0% as it turned off. waited a minute and i was able to turn it back on without charging it and when it powered back on it was back to being at 30%. No damage (water or otherwise) no new apps, cash cleared on a regular basis. Some times it will go for a week without doing it. Think there is a bug in the battery monitor.

jhamlington

I've had my phone for 3 months - it shut down 6 times today. There are no physical damages, everything is up to date. I am very upset about this and from what I have seen, you simply reply with questions. Obviously there is a defect in this particular phone that you are selling. What are you going to do about replacing these defective phones?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IROC-ZZ, we certainly want your phone to work at all times. I can imagine how frustrating this may be. When did you notice this problem started?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Jseviroli

Same thing is happening to me with my Motorola Z3.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

With all we do on our smartphones these days, we sure can’t take the chance that they will just randomly power down on us. I’m sorry to hear yours is doing this to you, Jseviroli. I’ve sent you a Private Note to continue working on this with you.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
cbobb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having this issue. It does seem like it is more than just a couple of us doing something wrong! I tried to restart in safe mode and as soon as I put in my pin it shuts down again. I will admit I dropped my phone right after I first got it, but that was months ago! It is now literally shutting down everytime I try and turn it on! 

The battery level says 65%. I plugged it in and started it in safe mode. As soon as I unplugged the charger, it shut down. Do I need to keep my phone connected to a charger all day? I think not!

I am really starting to second guess my loyalty to both Verizon and Motorola. Between this issue, and the fact that the sales guy forced me onto a payment plan when I clearly said I wanted to purchase outright (as was indicated in the ad). Anyone have a suggestion on what carrier to try next?

Not happy in Indy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cbobb,

You are an important part of our family. The last thing we want is to see you go. There is no penalty for paying off a Device Payment Agreement early. You can pay off the remaining balance of your phone at any time. Please note, if you have any promotional offer that is discounting the phone, that offer would end if you pay off the remaining balance. What percentage of battery do you observe on the phone when it shuts down? Are you using a Moto Mod with your phone (if yes, which one)? How often is this now happening?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
cbobb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the sentiment, sometimes I don't feel that important.

the issue comes and goes. Yesterday I was at 85% battery level and looked at my phone and realized it was not on. I don't watch or even check my phone on a regular basis so it is hard to say. I do know that it seems to happen more in the afternoon but not always. last week it was doing it at 65% this week 85%. I have learned that if I plug in the phone and then start it up and wait about five minutes I can then unplug and go about my day. Yes, if I unplug too early it just dies. I need to get in to a shop as I need to fix the cracked screen also, but haven't had the chance yet! 

0 Likes
Stang84g

I am also having the exact same issue with my Moto Z2 force as is listed in this thread.  I have replied to the thread started for that model but have not received any responses.  I agree with the comments above that this might be related to the new battery monitor app that was installed with the update to Android 9 that happened in September.  This makes the phone nearly useless when you rely on it for work every day.  A quick response is needed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh dear, I know I have been in your shoes before with a cracked screen cbobb. I do know that damage on the device can cause your device to turn off randomly. Did this start after you cracked your screen? Please tell me more. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes