Z3 randomnly shutting off
Jrfan88
Enthusiast - Level 1

The last couple of weeks my Z3 will randomnly shut off for no reason. Usually the battery is under 40% when this happens.  Then it takes a time or two of hitting the power button before I can get it to turn back on and the other day I got a reboot screen or something that popped up and I didn't know what it was. 

Labels (1)
Re: Z3 randomnly shutting off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jrfan88, thank you for bringing this to our attention. As your wireless provider, we want you to have a phone that works and you deserve answers and resolution on why your device keeps shutting off. Help is here. Thank you so much for the details you have provided thus far as it does help. So sorry to ask but does your phone currently have any physical or liquid damage? Do you have any software updates that need to be installed or have you recently install new software? Click the link provided for the steps to check for a software update on your Motorola Z3. Please provide the answers as we will definitely find the reason this is happening. http://spr.ly/6609Ek73L

NatashaR_VZW

Did you get issue resolved? I have same issue
Pollock78
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you get issue resolved? I have same issue

Re: Did you get issue resolved? I have same issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pollock78, I'm so sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the battery staying charged on your Moto Z3. Let's see how we can help get it working once again. When did you begin having trouble with it? Do you notice if this occurs when you are doing any specific actions, or are using any specific apps? 

MichelleH_VZW

Smeghead138G
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any word? Software is updated, but still having issued with random shutting down.

Re: Did you get issue resolved? I have same issue
Smeghead138G
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having the same issue. Seems to happen around the 20% or lower battery mark and is random.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have a working device. How long has this been going on? Have you had a chance to test your device in Safe Mode? By testing your device in Safe Mode, we can verify this is not happening due to an application, or combination of applicaitons installed on the device. You can find out how to put your device in Safe Mode by following this link, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-219230/ .

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
Smeghead138G
Enthusiast - Level 2

What test are you wanting me to run while in safe mode?

As i said it happens randomly. its been happening for about 2 weeks now

Smeghead138G
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did it three times in a row today third time, it would only come back on when I plugged it in. Battery was at 40%.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smeghead138G, in regard to Safe Mode, the purpose of putting the device into Safe Mode is to see if the battery issue happens while in Safe Mode. Safe Mode disables third party apps that could be affecting performance, but still allows you to use your device and function as normal with calls, text, data, etc. Did the device shut down when you were in Safe Mode?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes