Re: Did you get issue resolved? I have same issue
cbobb
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL! And everybody on it gets an email! Seriously the thing is jacked, you gotta turn it in, but good luck! I got insurance and got it replaced that way since the screen was damaged but even then it was a joke! What was supposed to be like a 20 fix ended up costing as much as getting it fixed without the insurance! So tell me again how this works? Oh right we just give more money to verizon. Oh wait, different companies that have nothing to do with each other, ok sure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The most upsetting kind of issue to troubleshoot is a totally random one like this, biggsrf58. We sincerely appreciate all the steps you’ve outlined here. It’s regrettable, to say the least, that the steps didn’t resolve the issue. I’ve sent a Private Note to work with you on the next steps.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cbobb, keeping you connected with a working phone that doesn't break the bank is important to ensure that you have a good experience. We are here to assist. Can you elaborate on how it ended up costing more? Do you currently have a working phone? 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
marknmel

I'm having the same issue.  Shuts down randomly several times a day even though it's charged.  I tried factory defaulting it and running with no extra apps installed.  I tried safe mode.  I did everything the techs said and it still shuts off.  The Software is up to date.  This is the second phone I've gotten that does the exact same thing.   Is there a fix for this yet?

0 Likes
biggsrf58
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the private message but when I try to reply it is undeliverable. 

0 Likes
Re: Z3 randomnly shutting off
No_more_Moto
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, its doing again.  The factory reset recommended by tech support worked for 4 weeks, but it just started randomly shutting down again.  Verizon/Motorola are selling junk phones.

0 Likes
robvt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this problem for well over a year now with three different Z3's. I am used to it at this point. I have tried everything suggested here and anywhere else you might look to remedy this. I have been waiting patiently for someone with any sort of authority to fix this. Several system updates have been released since the problem started. I cannot express sufficiently the frustration I feel each time I realize that the system update I just installed did nothing to fix this issue. I am not savvy to how or where proverbial fecal matter might roll in this corporate environment but someone on the inside needs to step up and get this resolved. Having to just terrible it up with this kind of defect for so long without any solution or even an explanation has pushed me to start looking at other providers. This many people having the exact same problem with the same model phone for this long with no solution or explanation is unacceptable.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No_more_Moto, 

I'm so sorry to hear that your phone has started shutting down again! This is certainly not the experience we want for you, and we want to assist in finding a permanent resolution. Please reply to my Direct Message for additional assistance. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
DJARTKLOM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a new member of this same unhappy club. My z3 started having this malfunction about a month ago. It powers down at random times, regardless of the amount of charge remaining. A few minutes ago, I attempted to take a flash photo. The phone shut itself off before I could save the photo. Maybe it will work tomorrow. Someone is depending on me to send that photo.  

Evidently, the earlier z2 model had a similar issue dating back to early 2018. I am honestly amazed that these kinds of defects can persist over multiple generations of the same device. Smart phones are a mature technology. New iterations should, logically, be more reliable than their predecessors, not less. The z3 is the fifth model that I've owned over a span of several years, and this is the first time I've gotten a lemon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to have a working device. It's also very important that we are on the same page. As a wireless carrier, we provide the network your device connects to. The network a carrier provides has no impact on how a device functions mechanically. If the device has a mechanical defect, it is an issue with how the manufacturer built the device. Each device purchased, as a 1-year manufacturers warranty period from that date of purchase for mechanical defects. We understand that each replacement you have received is experiencing the same issue. We would be happy to investigate this concern. When you receive your replacements, are you fully restoring the device or are you setting up as new device? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes