Re: Z3 randomnly shutting off
RSulyma

Hello,

My phone is doing the same thing. It just kept turning off randomly when I open a different app. It has done it so much, that I have reformated thinking it would help and it hasn't. I am very frustrated and dont know what to do. 

R

0 Likes
Arb64
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's no physical damages to my phone - it still looks new.  

I have not contacted Motorola - but I will.  I was hoping there was a quick fix available online....

0 Likes
Arb64
Enthusiast - Level 2

All my apps are up date - I've even deleted less frequently used apps just to lighten to load on the phone.  The Service Check indicated a red ! for Performance and Storage, but the Performance flag was "VSP Setup not complete" and "Apps with Ad plug ins" - but all are credible apps (ESPN, McDonalds, Citi, AccuWeather, and NFL), while the Storage flag indicated that I had 3GB of temp files - which I deleted.  Health Check runs every two weeks and it has never flagged any issues beyond these.

0 Likes
kelylyn02

I have the same issues with mine, started about 3 months after I got it, and it will shut off at 66% and everytime I use my camera, and 9 times out of 10, will not come back on unless I plug it in, so if I don't have my charger, I'm messed up, extremely unreliable.. the Moto z3 is by far the worst phone I've ever had, Motorola sure was a disappointment.... 

0 Likes
Rickthemadman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same garbage here. I have done all the above things and phone keeps doing it. Yes it is up to date.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the type of service that we want for you when using your device! We'd love to help you get to the bottom of these concerns, and in doing so, we'd like to ask some questions. Are you using the original charger that came with the phone or a different one? When did this issue start?

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
afrigene
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly the same for me. After a random shutdown the only way to get it turned on again is to plug it in, regardless of battery level.

Seems to be a common issue for Z3. Was anyone who experience this issue successful in exchanging their phones with Verizon?

cgaydou

I have the same problem, shuts off around 40% and is pointless to try turning it back on without a charger cause it won't make it thru the booting screen before powering back off... Managed to get it in safe mode and it shut off again, cleaned all the apps off of it and cleaned all my pictures off of it, still won't be realiable below 40% this is very frustrating as I bought the phone 4 months ago, and have had this problem for 3 of the 4 months I've owned it, I would really like to have it replaced by a new phone as I'm still going to be paying full price for it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

afrigene,

Being able to rely on your device's battery throughout the day is very important. I want to gather further details to try to diagnose this concern. What recent changes, if any, have been made to the device? Examples could be applications, the operating system/software, etc. Does the device have physical damage? All details will be helpful.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience we want you to have with your new device, cgaydou. We would like to assist you with this issue. Were any changes made to the device before this issue started? Is the device on the most recent update?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes