Re: Z3 randomnly shutting off
Brder1

I'm having the same issue. I have insurance so I've already gotten a brand new phone and the issue is still happening. Please advise on a fix

0 Likes
John_Reaper

Mine does the same thing at 40% does it 2 to 4 times before i can get it back on

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John_Reaper,

We are truly sorry to learn that you're experiencing this issue with your phone shutting off, as well. Have you had a chance to test your device while in Safe Mode, as well? This will be helpful in determining if the issue is being caused by applications, or within the device itself.  You can find out how to put your device in Safe Mode by following this link, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-219230/ Please keep your phone in this mode for at least 24 hours and be sure to let us know if the issue persist while in this mode. TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
triskaideka13
Enthusiast - Level 1

It started a few months ago...when my battery hit 60%.....I would turn it back on or charge it...it would still be at 60%...now it happens at 70% or evern 80%....it will be good for a while, then will do this over and over again for days......I do not have many apps on my phone..so unsure what is the deal...I am very upset..this is supposed to be a great phone...and I have had it now since March(ish)..and the problems started in May....Beaumont, Texas

Src89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've only had my Z3 for a few months and it is doing the same thing the past couple of weeks.  Everything is up to date.  I don't have insurance.  Is there anything I can do to get this fixed/replaced?  It is extremely upsetting to have a new device that already doesn't work.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details. Did your device go through any software updates during that time, when you noticed your phone was shutting off?  Were you able to place your device and SafeMode to see if that helps? ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
Src89
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thanks for those details. Did your device go through any software updates during that time, when you noticed your phone was shutting off?  Were you able to place your device and SafeMode to see if that helps? ChetonJ_VZW

There have been no updates since the problem started.  I used it in safe mode for 24 hrs but considering that it doesn't power down ever day the fact that it didn't power down in safe mode doesn't exactly tell me anything, not to mention that a phone that can't use apps is pretty much useless.  I want to know if I can get a replacement phone since the one I have is clearly faulty despite the I don't have insurance on my phone?

Arb64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue with my z3 shutting down randomly. It's happened at least a dozen times - usually a second time within 15-20 mins of the first shut down. 

Phone functions normally otherwise. Last software update was June 28.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your frustration is definitely understandable, as I would want my phone to work perfectly for many years! We would definitely be more than happy to help. Do you have any physical damages to your phone? You could definitely be under a warranty replacement (free to you) if you have no physical damages. Have you also tried contacting the Manufacturer for any known defects? We're eager to hear from you soon. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Arb64, making sure that you have a fully functional device is key to keeping you connected. We'd love to help find out what's going on right away. Could you please complete a device health check via My Verizon and share your results with us? To find out how to complete a device healthy check, please click here and follow steps 1-7 under "Run Service Checks": https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/ Also, are all of your applications up to date?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes