Re: You are unable to receive a text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds
flyliz
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ellisandrac_vzw you had asked whether I have Smart Family active on my account. I don't think I do. How can I become certain of whether I have the feature turned on or not?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: You are unable to receive a text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your MyVerizon account online. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
flyliz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did, and I did not see any mention of Smart Family. Just to reconfirm, where exactly should I look within the My Verizon account portal?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is a paid subscription feature and can be added or removed through the Add-ons and Apps section in your MyVerizon account online.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-smart-family/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
flyliz
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK thanks. Apparently I don't have Smart Family turned on. 

0 Likes
TigerLilly7
Enthusiast - Level 1

@flyliz  Thanks!

Nothing like that can frustrate me enough to unblock someone that I have blocked.   I did, however, just respond to the text.  And it came right back to me.  So nothing exciting with that.. 

Sharnln

Does anyone have any idea what the blocked sender gets on their end when they message a locked number? If we are getting a message saying they tried to text us...what message are they getting? Does it tell them they are blocked?

0 Likes
flyliz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know but it sounds like a fairly easy experiment to run with a friend or family member: one of you block the other one and then see what happens. (Remember to unblock when done...)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand how frustrating this message can be, Gnorton52. Checking the messaging app settings and device settings are highly recommended. Unless you have received messages after getting that one, it may be account related and worth checking from there with us.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

flyliz, I know how challenging it can be to receive unwanted texts and we appreciate your efforts to contact us. I want to ensure that we don't over look any options to manage your incoming texts. If you receive any texts that you believe to be fraudulent, please forward it to 7726 (Verizon Corporate Security).

To confirm if you are subscribed to Smart Family, you may use the steps here: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-206367/ Let us know if this information helps.

0 Likes