You are unable to receive a text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds
epa1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Moto Z Droid ; Android 8

First, please don't answer my question with a question.

I have a pending payment that will be credited/posted tomorrow.

Yesterday i called customer service about my data usage, and no changes were made.                    Today this afternoon i blocked a number (on the website & on my phone itself).

Today in early evening i receive a text message (from myself) with the message "You are unable to receive a text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds."

That is an anonymous message. Is that coming from Verizon ?  Is the blocked contact trying to reach me ?  Why does it look like i sent it to myself ?

Labels (1)
Re: You are unable to receive a text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please read the other similar threads on this community forum about this topic. If you find a solution in those threads, let us know otherwise ask additional questions. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: You are unable to receive a text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

epa1

Go into you phone massaging app settings. some apps have block all unknown caller feature. it's all in the messaging app that you are using. You should be able to figure it out all on your own. 

If you add all information needed to help figure out the trouble. There would be no reason to ask you what messaging app are you using? I have a few more questions that mite help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

epa1, we understand the importance of making sure you receive accurate information regarding the type of text messages you are receiving. We ask questions to help us better understand the situation. Allow us the opportunity to assist. As it has been a few days, can you please let us know if you are receiving this same type of text message? Are you having trouble sending or receiving text? Please share more details.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
epa1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received another text message tonight.  I have no problem sending or receiving texts. This started shortly after i blocked a particular number.  I have seen conflicting answers as to whether this is tied to a blocked number.  I don't use messaging apps.  I use the standard "messages" icon that comes with the phone.

It is an anonymous message. Not sure what company is sending it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Epa1,

We want to get this resolved. To clarify, are you trying to text the number that you blocked? Are they sending you messages?

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes
Lil-Fletch9

i have noticed that whenever i send a verification code sms to my iphone 11 it will say “You were unable to receive a text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds.” .If i call a restaurant my call will say “welcome to Verizon wireless your call cannot be completed because there are restrictions on this line” 

0 Likes
Gemgirl1962
Enthusiast - Level 1
  • This happened to me today also and I also blocked a number earlier on the my Verizon app
  • So far I haven't heard any answers that made any sense explain why it happens
Cookiehead2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is happening to me also. I blocked a number today. Then I got three text "You were unable to receive..." messages from "Note to Self". I'm assuming the number I blocked tried texting me again but I don't know for sure.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cookiehead2020, we certainly want you to receive all wanted messages. What make and model phone do you have?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes