Re: Windows 10 can't get network settings (hot spot won't work)
efarm

Ordered 7/15/2019 #002707018001. I've been through that sequence of troubleshooting steps and it does not fix the problem. Someone, somewhere needs to activate that part of the hotspot controls under manage device where it allows other devices to use the hotspot. As I've explained many times, it shows on the computers as an available source but when I log in it says Windows 10 can't access it. That's almost certainly because my phone says allowed devices "none" and when I try to add one or all (my preference) the only active link is "cancel". Please escalate and if that can't be done kindly reply to that effect and I will include your conclusion with my repair or replace order to Motorola. At this point both Microsoft and Motorola say it's a Verizon problem. Thanks for your help but we're doing Groundhog Day with the troubleshooting. Please escalate and see if someone up the line understands the issue. My $499.99 phone is not performing as promised. David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all the troubleshooting that you've done on your own & with us. You are interacting with the highest level of tech support here, so we can continue to troubleshoot this. Please put your phone in Safe Mode with these steps https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-226075/  While in Safe Mode, please try to connect. You can simply turn off your phone & turn it back on to remove Safe Mode. Please keep us posted on what happens.  AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
efarm

Motorola asks that I confirm...

Check provisioning

In order to use the hotspot feature you need to have this option enabled by your carrier.

Please contact your carrier to ensure this feature is provisioned correctly.

0 Likes
efarm

Did that with several hours of troubleshooting with chat. It didn't help and he wasn't able to add it back. I now have the original issue plus the Verizon hotspot no longer appears on computer list of available networks. I'd consider another phone but Motorola thinks it's Verizon not properly "provisioning" my account hotspot. Chap guy couldn't answer that question. Community says it can't. Give me the number of someone who can. Not up for hours more troubleshooting.

0 Likes
efarm

Ok - did safe mode, checked hotspot, still no longer appears as an available network as it did before I began troubleshooting - yes, I've done forget, etc. in my nearly 4-hour chat which the chat guy assured me was a matter of record so we won't do it yet again. Got a message regarding provisioning asking me to respond by social media which I don't do. Please give me a number to call so I can satisfy Motorola that Verizon has verified that the hotspot on my phone has been provisioned properly. That's a condition for returning it under warrantee.  Phone is less than a year old. Have been told that we've tried the highest level of Verizon support without success. I want to send it to Motorola while still under warrantee. Thanks for your effort but I have invested endless hours of troubleshooting to no avail. My $500 phone must be made to operate as a hotspot for my Windows 10 computers. It will not. It has been impossible to reach Advanced Tech or anyone else at the suggested 800-922-0204. Thus my many attempts via chat and community. I must have a response on the provisioning question to proceed with Motorola. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

efarm, we just sent you a Private Message. We will continue there.

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes
Re: Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
efarm

Sent several screenshots and emails  all failed undeliverable. Provide a working email for sending screen shots or otherwise tell me how to provide them.  Trying to respond to RebertoR. Got his the message, have tried on both computers and it works on neither. Give me a workable email address and I'll send the requested screenshots. All attempts to use those in your communications have failed. Thanks

PS Have consolidated them into an easy to view PDF. Where can I send it? 

Thanks

0 Likes