Re: Why would wifi calling stop working?
Wifinotworking
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too, have the same issue on both my note8 and my wife's S8

At present signall is too weak for a decent call in my home and does not switch to wifi calling

I have to turn on airplane mode then switch on wifi

After restarting phone it will connect to wifi calling

It has been a long process in order to find this out,

My wife is discusted with this condition at present.

We will either be switching to Google Fi or Tmobile/sprint after merger

Switching  to google fi now would mean having to get new phones

All this could be avoided if verizon would quit playing games.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here foryou! We want your device to work correctly. I apologize for the trouble you are having with Wi-Fi calling. We want to get this resolved for you. Have you covered any troubleshooting with our support teams? Please Navigate to Settings>About phone>Software information. Please provide your Kernel and Build number.  BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
Shwiefels
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. I am experiencing this on an iPhone 7 running the latest software WiFi calling worked until...

I went to the city 3 hours away and spent the night in a hotel. I used the WiFi so that I don’t drain my 8gb of data on 2 separate networks at 2 different hotels. We get absolutely no signal from Verizon at all up here in the mountains of Northern California. Son having WiFi calling is aN amazing tool. Also because when callers leave messages it takes days to get those messages downloaded to my phone. This terrible. 

I hope I don’t have to go through this disaster of a scenario of calling a rep to correct the issue of WiFi calling every time I need to go use WiFi elsewhere. 

0 Likes
Shwiefels
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ll speak for my scenario. WiFi signal strong. No devices have issues connecting.  Modem in same room. No walls between us. I can move to another room to have walls, but most people I’m sure would be by their modem I doubt most people put their modems in a closet. See my response above for more detail. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shwiefels, let's help get the wifi calling up and running for you. Do you receive any error messages when trying to use wifi calling? How long ago was the last time it did work?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
Tsorel1600

I have the same issue, iPhone 6, I’m in 94546. I have 1 bar or less in my neighborhood. Verizon WiFi is always turned on but it hardly ever works or shows that it is available to connect to. I can hardly ever make or receive phone calls and always have trouble sending pictures over text messages when I’m home. People just give up calling me and tell me to switch to a different cellular provider. 

0 Likes
godess
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have poor wireless signal at my home also and must use wifi calling. It constantly has problems. Verizon told me that when a call comes in or is outgoing it will use whichever signal is stronger, which is usually the wifi. I have good wifi, but suspect there are glitches causing calls to drop or as in my case the call doesn't ring, doesn't show up on the recent call log, but there is a voicemail.Verizon rep also said if it doesn't show up on the call log it is not coming through Verizon. I miss calls everyday and can't find a solution.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly troubleshoot this issue with you to help figure out what's going on with your network connection. May I have the ZIP Code you're having this experience in? ChristopherS_VZW

0 Likes
TD_____

Same issue here on iPhone 10, been like this for years.

NONE of the workarounds work. Wifi calling will be on one minute, then turn off and there isn't anything I can do to get it back on. Eventually it re-engages by itself.

I have tried

• updating emergency address
  • toggling wifi
  • toggling wifi calling
  • switching networks
  • toggling cell
  • toggling airplane mode
  • restarting
  • various combination of all of the above

The only thing that works is to simple forget about it and check back in an hour or so, and most of the time it is back up and running.

that does not help me when I need to make a call at a specific time though

0 Likes
Shwiefels
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey figured it out with my internet carrier. Thanks. 

0 Likes