Why doesn't my PC see my phone
KERNIC53

I have a Droid z force but my PC doesn't see it when I plug in the USB cable

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't my PC see my phone
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Is your USB setting set for charging only?  You may need to change it to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).  Not sure where it is on your Droid Z Force, but on my Droid Turbo 2 it is in Settings->Developer Options->Select USB Configuration.  You might look at: How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Motorola Moto Z / Z Force / Z Play

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

The User Manual https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Motorola/Userguides/moto-z-force-ug.pdf has a section (page 54) on the USB-C cable use and settings for file transfer as opposed to charging only.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

From the User Manual:

USB-C cables

To load music, pictures, videos, documents, or other files to

and from your computer, connect your phone to your

computer with a USB-C cable.

To transfer files, you need to specify the type of USB

computer connection you want to use. Swipe the status bar

down and tap USB for charging, then select the

connection type:

• Charging

• File transfers (MTP)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KERNIC53

Being able to connect your phone to your PC is crucial to being able to manage and store your items effectively. We will gladly assist you so that your PC recognizes your phone. In the posts submitted by jav6, there is some really helpful information as you may need to enable debugging mode in order to proceed. Once that is done here is a link that will assist you with selecting the USB mode and transferring items to your PC. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205235/. Are you getting caught up on any of the steps provided? What exactly are you trying to accomplish when you plug your phone into your PC via USB?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes