Re: Why do my incoming calls say 'UNKNOWN NAME' instead of the number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lzb38 are you referring to individuals calling you that are not in your contact list? They may have their number restricted from showing. DoloresK_VZW

jberger95
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have this problem. Verizon, please figure out and post a solution to this issue. How to get a phone number to show up instead of UKNOWN NAME. This is an extremely  inconvenient feature to have automatically put into place.

Michellle7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can someone PLEASE post how they got the "UNKNOWN NAME" change reversed back, so that it goes back to showing the phone # of the caller instead?  Now all my missed calls say "UNKNOWN NAME" and I have no phone # showing, to figure out whose call I missed.  I didn't ask for this change, I want it reversed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to see who is calling you jberger95. We want to ensure the issue is resolved. When did the trouble begin? Is this happening on all calls or is it just happening with specific callers?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
justaname21
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support, I also have the same problem.  Unknown Name comes up for EVERY call from someone not in my contact list.  Even people I know who call, but just not in my list, so I know they don't have their number blocked.  How do I fix this problem?

kingkarl2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have the same problem all  my call are coming with unknown name i dont know what to do anymore

since verizon customer service is not responding my calls and the chat is not working 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kingkarl2020, help has arrived. I'm sorry to learn that your Caller ID is coming up as an Unknown Name. Are you also using the Moto Z device? How long has this been an issue? Does this happen even with the contacts that you have stored on your phone?  KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
massachusetts1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just a heads up that this glitch currently interferes with the COVID response. The governor of Massachusetts has been urging residents to answer calls from 833 and 857 area codes since they might be the COVID infection contact tracing team. This caller ID glitch means many Verizon customers can't see the area codes for unknown callers until the call ends and they look in their call logs. I can try to fix this for myself, but Verizon should fix this for all customers so they know if they're being contacted about COVID exposure. Thanks.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

massachusetts1, thank you for your feedback. Are you currently experiencing this problem?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Alt0012
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same problem after contacting Verizon 4-5 times. They’ve made a “change” on their end, deinstalled and reinstalled call filter and restarted phone. Now they say they can only “unbreak” caller id if I switch to premium call filter. So you are saying to fix this problem I am being FORCED into a subscription!?!?! DO BETTER!!!