Why am I getting ads on my phone?
GORMAN1980

I receive pop up adds on my Android phone every so often. Don't have to be in the internet for it to happen. Changed settings in chrome and have not install anything new. What can I do to stop this??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I getting ads on my phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They might be pushed from another application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gorman1980,

I can certainly see where receiving ads would have you worried. Ann154 is right, they may be coming from another app. When did this start happening? Which Motorola phone do you have?

Erin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GORMAN1980

I have the latest Moto z unsure which one sorry. It happen about a week ago now. I did not download anything new when it happened. I did read that one of the apps could be the problem but unsure how to check on that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GORMAN1980, we need to make sure that we put a stop to these pop-ups. Let's explore more details. What are you doing on your phone when this starts? You said that you don't have to be on the internet when this happens, do you mean you have data and Wi-Fi turned off and it still happens? What kind of pop-ups are you getting?

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes