When will Moto Z2 Force get upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo?
WDCB

Just saw that Android 8.0 Oreo has been released on the Google Pixel 2. Will Verizon have an upgrade to Android 8.0 for the Moto Z2 Force soon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will Moto Z2 Force get upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WDCB, We understand the importance in having the latest software on your devices. We work closley with manufactures to ensure when we release software updates, that they are secure and reliable. To keep an eye on the latest updates, visit: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

There is no way of knowing, of course.  Oreo has been released, and the good news is that Motorola/Lenova are pretty good about getting updates out in relative timely fashion.

The bad news is that it is now in Verizon's hands.  They are working diligently to bake in a number of useless apps that nobody wants and nobody uses.  Their bloatware will consume storage space and will sit there as a reminder that you do not have control over your phone.  You will not be able to remove those apps.

I'd be very surprised if we see Oreo on our phones before the first of the year.

Go ahead, Verizon...I dare you to give us a pleasant surprise!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WDCB, We understand the importance in having the latest software on your devices. We work closley with manufactures to ensure when we release software updates, that they are secure and reliable. To keep an eye on the latest updates, visit: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes