Bmarsh28

How do I restart my frozen moto z force

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reset or restart my moto z force. It’s frozen
UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

Soft reset: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205268/

Press and hold the Power button until the Power off option appears then release. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.

Hard Reset https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205214/

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Down button.
    Volume down button
  3. While continuing to hold volume down, press and release the Power button but continue to hold volume down until the boot mode screen appears.
    Power button
  4. From the Bootloader selection screen (image of an Android with Start), select RECOVERY MODE.
    NoteUtilize the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the power button to select.
    Boot mode screen
  5. From the Android system recovery screen (image of an Android with an exclamation mark), do the following to display the menu options:
    NoteEnsure the steps below are performed in a timely manner. If power is held too long (longer than 5 seconds), the device resets.
    1. Press and hold the Power button.
    2. While continuing to hold the power button, press the Volume Up button then release all buttons.
  6. Select Wipe data/factory reset then from the confirmation prompt select Yes.
    Android system recovery screen with Wipe data/factory reset
  7. Select Userdata + personalized content.
    NoteAllow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
    Android system recovery screen with Userdata + personalized content
  8. Select Reboot system now.
    NoteAllow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
    NoteTo set up the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.
    Android system recovery screen with Reboot system now

Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
0 Likes
Re: Reset or restart my moto z force. It’s frozen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, you would hold down the power button on the device. GenevieveB_VZW

0 Likes