Re: Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
ekahl

to add to the puzzle.. I received a text from an unblocked friend in a group chat.  The message went through successfully on my Samsung tablet, but on my phone, I received the insufficient funds message instead (as if it was coming from me)

0 Likes
JenB5

I am also getting this message. I have linked it to at least one friend (also Verizon and apple). Whenever she texts anything longer to me in a group chat- I get the above message from "myself". 

0 Likes
ddillon73

I started getting this same message yesterday. So far it's limited to group text. But when I can't get messages from my own family members now that's a serious problem Verizon. GET IT FIXED. We're already looking at taking all 6 lines over to Xfinity. 

0 Likes
iadave72
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started happening on my account last night, but only in our family group text message (MMS). There are 4 of us in the group chat. The 3 of us that are on Verizon all get messages from ourselves. My oldest daughter is on another provider and she does not get the message. I can text my wife or either one of my daughters as a single person to person message and none of us get the message. This only happens in our group message. This is getting very annoying. I don't know what updates happened that have caused this, but several things happened with the update that have angry me off. I'll deal with them, since I don't have much choice, but someone needs to address this issue.

Mpark5879
Enthusiast - Level 1

This started a couple of days ago. And receive them from my own phone number. 

vzwuser2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue. My husband has received two and me one. We both got one at the same time today and he received on early yesterday morning. We haven't recently blocked anyone. We are not pre-paid. We have unlimited everything. I did call in and speak to a rep today and all I got was, it's most likely from a blocked number, which doesn't make any sense! The chances my husband I both have the same number blocked is pretty slim and there aren't any numbers blocked on our account. This issues either has to do with pictures messages or group texts. That seems to be the only time we receive them and it is from a non apple user. C'mon Verizon, this seems to be a common problem, FIX IT. 

0 Likes
vzwuser2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

To add: there are four numbers on our plan only two have received these messages. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. It seems to be a glitch in the system after the IOS most recent update.

0 Likes
vcgd1

Searched online and found this. Just started happening to me. Hundreds of messages now. All say the same thing. Every time it says it is from my own number. Feels like being hacked. Get out now! The call is coming from inside your phone!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's worrying to see that you continue receiving these inconvenient messages, and we are here to help. After conducting some research, we would like to ask you to please power off your device for 2 minutes and power it back on. This process should help you stop these messages. 

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzwuser2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

It still doesn't explain why they're happening.